Hunter Killer Missile

Warprat

Vindicators and Baals.

Vehicles with relatively short range but AV higher than Rhino.

If I'm deploying first my opponent will try to leave my as far as he can to minimise my firepower. So it's chance to blow him a transport instead of staying out of range and doing nothing.

In case of Baal it can be useful also if the engines fail.

For AC/LC Predators it's to costy as it's one shot only and vehicle can fire without as well.

When i run a mechinized force i love to just load up all the transports with HK because the enemy never expects it, and with 4 rhinos normally running around half the game doing nothing, its good to know they can be purposeful for just one more turn.

On the other hand, I feel you could do the same thing (only better) with a unit of 5 sternguard with combimeltas.

Hunter-killa missiles on rhinos, razorbacks, and the like are just not worth it, IMHO. There's ALWAYS something better you could spend those points on.

If you can buy a squad of Sternguard with combimeltas for 60 points, I applaud you, sir! ^_^:lol:

I like my HKs, when I have the room for them. I'll only top off a Rhino with one when I have spare points and nothing else to purchase with it that won't be a liability. Sure, I could buy a multmelta Attack bike with those 60 points, but if I don't already have a squadron of them, it's a killpoint liability. I'd rather have the four missiles that don't give up a KP to the first lascannon shot across the board.

Different strokes for different folks!

If you can buy a squad of Sternguard with combimeltas for 60 points, I applaud you, sir!

I was comparing the sternguard to a droppoded ironclad with 2x hk missiles.

5 droppoded sternguard with 5 combimeltas cost 185 pts.

Ironclad with 2x HKs costs 190 pts.

IMHO, the sternguard would do a far better job of taking a vehicle out, at a lower cost. Their survivability afterwards wouldn't be much less then the ironclad.

Archived