My first drop pod!

R-code

Hey all,

Just wanted to share my personal experience assembling and painting everyone's favorite aerial superhuman delivery system! I started by assembling as many parts as I could while still retaining access to everything I needed to paint. What I came up with was individual 22 pieces or sub-assemblies. Not pictured are the two storm bolter halves that I'm going to add later.

gallery_26887_4424_16405.jpg

Back of the doors. I used the small icons from the Ravenwing frame, the Dark Angel icons that come with the kit looked out of proportion, almost cartoony.

gallery_26887_4424_12287.jpg

I kept the turbine, pin, and weapon mount seperate so the storm bolter can spin freely.

gallery_26887_4424_13429.jpg

Here are the five harness stantions. I wanted to assemble each one and paint it separately to allow me to pick out all of the detail on the control panels. This created a few challenges for the final assembly of the interior.

gallery_26887_4424_18222.jpg

I didn't like how much bending had to be done to get an assembled stantion into the control panels, so I clipped the outter half of the mounting tab on each one to allow easier assembly later...

gallery_26887_4424_30684.jpg

...just put the tab into the slot...

gallery_26887_4424_7631.jpg

...and slide into place!

gallery_26887_4424_24986.jpg

They're primed and I've begun drybrushing the base of boltgun metal on all the bits. More to follow soon!

~Mike~

Your allot farther along than I am, I got mine before christmas and still havent even gotten it assembled good job.

Mine was a Christmas gift from the wife, so it's been moved to the top of the stack. I'd feel bad if something she bought me got relegated to the "Someday..." pile. I plan on telling her about the first time confirmed kill with the storm bolter, too :(

~Mike~

Mine was a Christmas gift from the wife, so it's been moved to the top of the stack. I'd feel bad if something she bought me got relegated to the "Someday..." pile. I plan on telling her about the first time confirmed kill with the storm bolter, too :D

~Mike~

Im not sure how your wife may respond to that :( .......

I got a drop pod for christmas and because my last attempt at the harnesses and guidence system was really bad I decided to make it a "dreadnought drop pod" without the interoir stuff.

Who need guidence systems when your a half dead, walking, 10 foot tall lump of solid admantainium.

Im not sure how your wife may respond to that B) .......

She'll laugh, congratulate me, and call me a dork.

~Mike~

yeah the bike squad i got for christmas from my girlfriend melted a leman russ for the first time, so i texted my girlfriend to tell her of my victory, she just doesnt understand, im not playing with toys... they are tactical art :P

what chapter is it going to be, on a more on topic note :cuss

yeah the bike squad i got for christmas from my girlfriend melted a leman russ for the first time, so i texted my girlfriend to tell her of my victory, she just doesnt understand, im not playing with toys... they are tactical art :P

what chapter is it going to be, on a more on topic note :huh:

Congrats on the sweet kill!

It's going to be Dark Angels.

~Mike~

Archived