Chaos icon bearer ?

Hi.

A quick question. As I want my chaos bikers boosted to the limit, I want to give them a melta and the icon of nurgle. There are three bikers. As i understand, one biker may be given the icon. But it doesn't state, that the model has to switch his weapons for the icon. So, the model with a melta can be given the icon, right? Giving him two extra "wounds" as the other two bikers are tagging along jsut for fun.

Cheers,

Tristan.

Just to be aware, due to wound alocation rules with a squad that small, you are unlikely to get 2 extra wounds, wounds must be alocated evenly, so if you take 3 or more wounds, the guy with the melta and banner is going to take an armor test.

(sorry, mistaked the report button for reply).

But even if I have to take 4-6 saves, chances are that enough will be saved to keep that one guy alive, witch is the point in this case. Or, I'll have to get an extra biker.

But thank you.

Cheers,

Tristan.

Just to be aware, due to wound alocation rules with a squad that small, you are unlikely to get 2 extra wounds, wounds must be alocated evenly, so if you take 3 or more wounds, the guy with the melta and banner is going to take an armor test.

(sorry, mistaked the report button for reply).

But even if I have to take 4-6 saves, chances are that enough will be saved to keep that one guy alive, witch is the point in this case. Or, I'll have to get an extra biker.

But thank you.

Cheers,

Tristan.

Tristan, the problem is you allocate the wounds before you roll saves. So if you have to put one on the icon bearer, and he fails, he dies. Doesn't matter if you pass all the rest.

yes, wound allocation rule is this:

enemy roll to hit

enemy roll to wound

you give divide evenly the wounds between your models

example:

3 model and 3 wounds = 1 wound on each model

3 model and 5 wounds = 1 wound on one model and 2 wounds each on the other 2 models

3 model and 6 wounds = 2 wound on each model

3 model and 2 wounds = 1 wound each on 2 model models

roll for saves for each model

the only excelption to this regards "similar" models, all the saves for similar models have to ve rolled togather

regards

Andrea

This comes up enouph on this forum I made a list

Frosty's Wound Allocation Order of Operations

1. Enemy Rolls to hit

2. Enemy Rolls to wound

3. Apply one wound to each MODEL untill each model has one wound, Then Apply a second, third, and so on untill there are no more wounds to allocate.

4. Seperate wounded models into different identical groups based on wargear and profile (so all marines with just a bolter in one group, ones with a boltpistal/ccw in another, plasmaguns in another, sergents in another and so on)

5. Roll armor saves for each GROUP

6. Within each group aply wounds in such a way to remove the maximum amount of models/wounds posible (for example intant death goes on the ones with the most wounds remaing), extra wounds do NOT carry over into other groups, they are lost.

Archived