Chapter Master Andromachus (w.i.p)

Doktor Claw

So I just got back into the hobby after a 10 year break, and have been re-painting my old figures as a new chapter, the Spears of Achaea (which I'll post about at some point in the appropriate forum!). I've made a list with some sternguard, and so I want to use Pedro Kantor as my commander, but I like the idea of doing things myself, so I converted this fella from the space marine commander boxed set, along with a choppa from AOBR, the legs from an assault marine, two old power axes, magnets and some glass beads. I'm not exactly well practiced, so I think he needs a lot of touching up (how the **** are you supposed to get a smooth white with skull white? It's horrible!) as well as highlighting and shading for all but the white and deep red.

The massive halberd is a counts-as powerfist, claimed by Andromachus during his time in the deathwatch. It will be painted as some kind of heat weapon (maybe a plasma cloud held in place by energetic barriers? who can say?) He's magnetized at the waist, arms and head, so that he can be posed a bit better.

All the techniques I've used are from this forum, which is a source of infinite inspiration and knowledge!

Charging into CC

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4044/4242973441_b175d8e2a9.jpg

Raking the Xenos scum with fire

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2716/4243746794_73868bbab3.jpg

Sprinting to claim an objective

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4040/4242979559_6f254d052a.jpg

C+C welcome (though y'know first model and that...)

Great work with the model, it looks fantastic!

i assume you used magnets for posing yes?

the paintjob is a little rusty but i know exactly what you should do to fix that and make it look nice and spiffy.

white is a difficult colour to get right, the key is lots of coats and lots of water, i think if you add about 5 more watery coats of white to the colour you've got there you should be right, after that a good wash of watered down codex or adeptus battle grey should make a nice stark white colour.

alternatively you could wash the white with two coats of badab black to create a sketchy grey colour which could be quite effective.

the dark red should be washed with a coat of badab black, the light red should be washed with devlan mud.

the yellow should also be washed with devlan mud.

get some metal on that model, there are lots of details parts that are missing colour such as the studs on the shoulder pad and the leg.

besides that its a nice looking model and it wouldn't hurt to have a nice detailed base, looking forward to seeing more.

also where is the backpack?

Archived