Typhoon Missile Launcher

Ravendove

Looking for some feedback on how effective this Land Speeder actually is. The TML got a bit of a boost with the new Codex and the model still looks pretty sweet - how effective is it? 90pts and it can only fire all it's weapons if it moves 6". Or does the TML count as one two-shot weapon?

Is it better to stick with the HB/AC or MM/HF options?

Personally, I prefer the Typhoon. The missile launcher is 1 weapon, so if you move 12 inches you can fire 2 missiles.

I like to give the speeder a heavy bolter as its second weapon. Move 6, fire the heavy bolter and 2 krak missiles or mover 12 inches and fire the heavy bolter and 2 frag missiles.

Yep, its a single weapon with two shots... just like a bolter rapid firing. In fact, if you switch over to frags its a two shot defensive weapon... allowing you to smack hordes around while moving 12".

The reason its so expensive is its one of the most versatile units in the FA section.

And one of the best. It's combination of speed, manoeverability and range mean that it's fantastic at destroying targets without exposing itself to return fire.

Which is handy, considering the armour on a land speeder is only marginally more effective than bacofoil.

I like the Typhoon a lot. Move it 12" and use your two krak missiles to take out a light tanks, or use your heavy bolter and two frag missiles to take out infantry. Heavy bolter and kraks are handy as well, but this does result in slower movement. However, with a big range, it can effectively sit near the back of your deployment zone quite happily, picking targets from there. I prefer to run it on from Reserves, with it using its speed to get to where it's needed.

Archived