Ragnar Blackmane's Great Company

Skirax

Ragnar is modelled here, and is completely plastic. Obviously converted, but still, I hope this looks ok.

gallery_39951_4431_448739.jpg

gallery_39951_4431_1064440.jpg

The parts are:

Assault Marine Legs

Space Wolf Arms, Torso, Head and Backpack.

Khorne Berskerker arm

I chopped the top half of the Zerker arm, did the same to the Space Wolf cambat arm, and stuck the two togethor, giving the angled pose. I wanted him to look like his counterpart on the front of the Space Wolf omnibus:

gallery_39951_4431_138409.jpg

I'll hopefully get this guy painted by the end of the week.

I'm giving him my best paint job, as I want him to stand out from the Blood Claw pack he'll be travelling with. I've got a BC with a similar pose, and Ragnar already stands out ahed of him, because the Backpack adds width, and the legs' pose give an extra apporx. 5mm height, which isn't much, but it does make him stand above him.

I'm short on GS at the moment, I'm going to use some mixing putty antul I get to a store. I hopefully will be going to Jotto's in Rugby after my School finishes for the day.

@Dejay; Thanks man, I really wanted to get him in a charge pose, he's not headlong, as I'd have wanted him to be, but the torso didn't allow for much 'tilting' :)

@Arnisarus: I don't know, I'm justreading through the novels at the moment, though if he is I'll just say it's his pose B)

Oh, and I've modelled the Grey Hunters, just need to get round to painting them now.

That's enough about your cheesy Chaplains! :) Haven't changed your sig yet, have you?

By the way guys, he uses his uber-cheesy Interrogator Chaplian, but won't let me use my Rune Priest! ;)

...And here is Ragnar painted. I'm hoping that you guys think it's good, and I am ready to redo certain stuff if it's not up to certain standards :mellow:. I'm a bit sketchy about his eyes.

gallery_39951_4431_1086227.jpg

gallery_39951_4431_739359.jpg

And a couple of close-ups:

gallery_39951_4431_1405416.jpg

gallery_39951_4431_739354.jpg

And the Grey Hunters will be up by Friday, or maybe even tomorrow :pinch:

Nice to see SW/B+C fans in my neck of the woods (well, I say woods In the Coventry/West Mids area)

I was beginning to think I was the only one on this Forum from the area lol.

Thanks, I didn't want to spend so much money when I had spare parts, and I love converting. The only conversion part I'm sketchy about is the wolf-head on his shoulder pad, and the way I've pade it look like it's part of the shoulder pad.

I'll try and post some pictures of his fur cloak before the next update, but I've modelled the first Grey Hunters pack and have started to paint two.

Are the arms ok? Because in real life they're much darker than the rest of the armour.

Sorry for the double post, but I've taken some more pictures of Ragnar's Fur:

First shot:

gallery_39951_4431_238477.jpg

Second shot:

gallery_39951_4431_927618.jpg

I think the last one's were too dark, I think the lighting was a bit off, but some C&C is needed on the fur, so i can improve.

Well well well, another yokel :P Nah I'm in the Northamptonshire area too. Interesting :)

Model wise it's good. I'm always told a wash goes far, so perhaps a black one thinly applied on the gold. The eyes could do with neatening and not looking like my current scouts' eyes :lol:

Well, I already have done an Ogryn Flesh wash, and I like the way they turned out, though I think I've done what you've suggested on the right wing of the chest, it's quite, dull and you can't see it in these pictures.

I've decided i'm going to extend the sword, only buy about 25%, but hopefully it will still be effective.

He has hair... :)

Thanks for the great feedback though man, it's a great morale boost. I've never thought I was good at the whole painting side, I'm more of a modeller, but I think I'm starting to get the hang of this ;)

He has hair... :tu:

Thanks for the great feedback though man, it's a great morale boost. I've never thought I was good at the whole painting side, I'm more of a modeler, but I think I'm starting to get the hang of this :lol:

Your right, what I wanted to write was that he does not have a full head of hair. The head you chose has the sides of his cranium shaved, but I guess you chose this head for the excellent facial expression and it's likeness to the novel cover.

Archived