question about extra armour on veichles and dreads

Cato S.

As said before this is a question on extra armour on tanks, transports, dreadnoughts. Here goes this past weekend I played a tau gun line 3 squads 3 strong broadside twin linked s10 ap1 shots. My question is weather glancing or pens does extra armour play any roles on the damage chart? Wondering because on one instence he his a glance on a 4 it goes minus 2 right so that would be a can't move can't shoot thing then ex armour would make it a can't move only then because of ap 1 it would go back to a shakin and stunned right ? He said the extra armour is not valid on ap1 hits is this right ? ? ? Because he said it auto upgrades to a weapon destroyed or is this right ???

I am not totaly sure I understand the question, but I think the answer is no. so long as the end result on the vehicle damage chart is a 2, extra armor will ignor it make it shaken isntead

However AP1 does not invalidate extra armor. It does add +1 to the vehicle damage chart. So a roll of 4 on a glance from ap 1, would be 4-2+1=3, which is not ignored by extra armor, but if he had rolled a 3, the end value would be a 2 and extra would effect it.

Extra armour does not modify what the opponent rolls on the damage table at all. The modifiers for glancing and AP1 are all taken into account, then you see what they have done to your tank. Like Frosty said, once he has worked out what the result is, if it is no. 2 (stunned) then it becomes just shaken instead. Other than that it has no effect.

RoV

The two effects are wholly irrelevant to each other.

Here's how it goes:

For penetrating hits:

You roll 1 on the Damage table + 1 for AP1 = 2. This 2 then gets reduced to 1 thanks to the Extra Armour.

You roll 2 on the Damage table + 1 for AP1 = 3. The extra Armour has no effect.

For Glancing hits:

You roll 3 on the Damage table + 1 for AP1 - 2 for glancing = 2. This 2 then gets reduced to 1 thanks to the Extra Armour.

You roll 4 on the Damage table + 1 for AP1 - 2 for glancing = 3. The extra Armour has no effect.

As you can see, you first figure out what the end result is and then see if the extra armour reduces the effect...

Archived