Wound Allocation

lodi85

This comes up enouph on this forum I made a list

Frosty's Wound Allocation Order of Operations

1. Enemy Rolls to hit

2. Enemy Rolls to wound (Uses Majority toughness)

3. Apply one wound to each MODEL untill each model has one wound, Then Apply a second, third, and so on untill there are no more wounds to allocate.

4. Seperate wounded models into different identical groups based on wargear and profile (so all marines with just a bolter in one group, ones with a boltpistal/ccw in another, plasmaguns in another, sergents in another and so on)

5. Roll armor saves for each GROUP

6. Within each group apply wounds in such a way to remove the maximum amount of models/wounds posible (for example intant death goes on the ones with the most wounds remaing), extra wounds do NOT carry over into other groups, they are lost.

Frosty, good summary, minor point of clarification for no.7 though. I know you mean in the case of multi-wound models, but it reads as though you wouldnt be able to stack multiple special wounds on to one special model if there were enough wounds to do so.

eg: if you have a squad of 5 with 1 special that receives 4 regular wounds and 2 pw wounds, you could put both pw wounds onto the one special (i know you know that, just sayin it reads otherwise ^^; !! )

cheers!

Frosty, good summary, minor point of clarification for no.7 though. I know you mean in the case of multi-wound models, but it reads as though you wouldnt be able to stack multiple special wounds on to one special model if there were enough wounds to do so.

eg: if you have a squad of 5 with 1 special that receives 4 regular wounds and 2 pw wounds, you could put both pw wounds onto the one special (i know you know that, just sayin it reads otherwise ^^; !! )

cheers!

there is no point 7, though I recall once having a point 7 that was "if in close combat, reduce the initive by one and start over," but I thinnk you mean point 3, and it does reads proper, you allocate by model. so you start by putting power weapon on serg, continue adding regular wounds to the guys untill they each have one, and then you may add the second wound. my order of opperations allows this.

Archived