Modelling Cult Terminators

As some/most of you will know, I'm building a sizeable Black Legion army with HQ, squad etc options for each of the original traitor legions while keeping it quite fluffy (no HS for the Night Lords, no FA for the Iron Warriorsetc). I am coming further along with this than I ever imagined right now due to Christmas money and 2 years of over painting. I am now at the stage where I almost have at least a 10 man CSM squad for each of the 9 chapters, vehicles and some other options for each chapter and have plans for the HQs. But the Termies... Oh the Termies...

I am starting with 3 man squads for each with differing weapon options which again are chapter specific. But I am struggling with the Cults. I imagine working the TS and NMs will be tough based upon their specific rules from the previous Codex aren't really there anymore (sorcerer leading the TS or giving NMs chapter specific weaponry now being out of the question etc) so I was wondering if I could collect peoples thoughts on how I could give them weapons specific to make them look chapter spec by more than just colour scheme alone. So far I have ideas of all bolters and power swords for the Plague Marines and 2LCs, flamer combi, heavy flamer for Berzerker Termi squad. But something NM and TS specific is perplexing me, along with some of the other Traitor chapters.

For note, although I may be playing games with some of these, it is a little bit of "different tools for different jobs" should they be used but first and foremost they will be a painting project purely for my own fun and amusement. So, throwing it open... Any ideas? Even if it is just to "count out" certain options for certain chapters...

Thanks in advance.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/...amp;aId=3400020

Emperor's Children Warband

Thousand Sons Warcoven

I'm pretty sure those are the ones The Nephilim meant and if that link at the top of my message to the section of the gw site that has the data sheet pdf links isn't allowed to be here a mod can let me know and I'll edit it out right away.

I'm not sure about the fluff or the look but I know that Tzeentch and Slaanesh cult options lack anti-tank usually, so my gut instinct is to deck out their Terminators for tank killing.

Tzeentch seems work able with Power/Chain Fists because they're the most protected and have the best chance of living long enough to swing (Alot like TH/SS Terminators but with a gun).

With Slaanesh, I hate to lose those I5 Power Weapons so I'd keep Fists to a minimum BUT I'd load up on Combi-Melta/Plasma. I think this matches the nature of Noise Marines being both shooty/assaulty but not masters of either.

I'm not sure about the fluff or the look but I know that Tzeentch and Slaanesh cult options lack anti-tank usually, so my gut instinct is to deck out their Terminators for tank killing.

Tzeentch seems work able with Power/Chain Fists because they're the most protected and have the best chance of living long enough to swing (Alot like TH/SS Terminators but with a gun).

With Slaanesh, I hate to lose those I5 Power Weapons so I'd keep Fists to a minimum BUT I'd load up on Combi-Melta/Plasma. I think this matches the nature of Noise Marines being both shooty/assaulty but not masters of either.

Two blastmasters in a ten man termie squad isn't enough tank stopping-power for you? Granted, they won't hurt a landraider, but they'll put the hurt on everything else.

Two blastmasters in a ten man termie squad isn't enough tank stopping-power for you? Granted, they won't hurt a landraider, but they'll put the hurt on everything else.

Err, blastmasters are terrible for anti tank. Reaper ACs would be better.

Two strength eight blasts? Granted they don't have the Heavy 2, nor the -1 on the strength, that the reaper does, but it's more fluffy (as the OP wanted) for the terminators to have blastmasters and fits the EC warband Apoc datasheet.

I must have missed the part about using the Datasheet rule sorry. I was going with the old boring stuff in the Codex.

Blastmasters are kinda like CMLs. Worse against a single target but better against infantry. I haven't run the numbers but I think that BS4 blast is probably about the same as BS4 normally.

I must have missed the part about using the Datasheet rule sorry. I was going with the old boring stuff in the Codex.

Blastmasters are kinda like CMLs. Worse against a single target but better against infantry. I haven't run the numbers but I think that BS4 blast is probably about the same as BS4 normally.

What? The heavy frequency is a str 8 ap3 blast. The assualt frequency is a str 5, ap 4, assault 2 blast, both sets causing pinning.

What? The heavy frequency is a str 8 ap3 blast. The assualt frequency is a str 5, ap 4, assault 2 blast, both sets causing pinning.

I was only talking about the S8 blast one, sorry if I wasn't clear.

I was saying that 2 krak blasts < 4 krak missiles for armor BUT 2 krak blasts > 4 krak missiles or 4 frag blasts for infantry

Wow. Noise termies. I like that. Might consider using them if I expand my list to Apoc size. :(

Back in the day, an Emperor's Children army could field all sonic weapons. Sonic dreads, termies, bikers, predators, chosen... All that lost in the crap dex. I lost over $1000 worth of converted models that I can only use now, not even once a month.

Go GW.

Archived