Combat Squads

LardO'Blood

Hey guys,

If I combat squad a tactical squad with ten marines (7 bolters, Flamer, ML and sergeant) do I have to replace the flamer and ML with bolter marines and give the second five man squad a sergeant also?

Also if I have two five man tactical squads with 4 bolters and a sergeant in each do they count as one ten man tactical squad for heavy weapons and special weapons?

ANNNND:

Must I have a sergeant with all tactical squads whether or not combat squadded?

Oh Im using the SM codex, not DA, BT or BA, don't know if they combat squad anyway...

Thanks in advance,

Lard o' Blood

You do not choose to split into combat squads until deployment. You can make this choice as you put them onto the table. (Useful if playing Annihilation, as 1 10-man squad = 1KP, 2 5-man Combat Squads = 2KP)

You do not change your army list, just split the models into to groups of 5.

e.g. Sargent, Flamer and 3 marines charge forwards, Missile launcher and 4 Marines stay put and barrage from afar.

If you take 2 separate Tactical squads of 5 men, they are not Combat Squads, and cannot join to become one 10-man squad (You need to be Imperial Guard with Combined Platoons to do that!). They count as 5-man squads (sarge+4) for all purposes.

Each Tac Squad must have one and only one sergeant, so if it is split into Combat Squads, one will have a sarge, the other will not.

I hope this helps.

I'm sure a Veteran will be along soon to fill in the gaps I've surely left! :)

seems you did a fine job....

I don't know much yet ... but I do know combat squads...

1. no. they can keep all their gear just as Black said above...

2. no. they are just 2 halve strength tac squads and can never join for any reason...

3. All tac squads must have a sgt. but they come with one so thats ok...the other five guys that you MAY add to your Tac. squad are JUST to make THAT squad bigger and better.

is that everything? ... yeah? ok... anything else?

You do not choose to split into combat squads until deployment. You can make this choice as you put them onto the table. (Useful if playing Annihilation, as 1 10-man squad = 1KP, 2 5-man Combat Squads = 2KP)

You do not change your army list, just split the models into to groups of 5.

e.g. Sargent, Flamer and 3 marines charge forwards, Missile launcher and 4 Marines stay put and barrage from afar.

If you take 2 separate Tactical squads of 5 men, they are not Combat Squads, and cannot join to become one 10-man squad (You need to be Imperial Guard with Combined Platoons to do that!). They count as 5-man squads (sarge+4) for all purposes.

Each Tac Squad must have one and only one sergeant, so if it is split into Combat Squads, one will have a sarge, the other will not.

I hope this helps.

I'm sure a Veteran will be along soon to fill in the gaps I've surely left! :)

Thanks so much :D no more assistance is needed.

Archived