Zso Sahaa; (Lord of the night)

renegadewarp

Spoiler**

high light>>>Did Zso at the end of the novel did he loose his arm entirely all together? I mean like if i remember right it was severly injured and barely hanging does that mean he only has one arm now? or do you think he prolly jsut shrugged it off after finally escaping then just put the arm into place as it healed it self. If he survived 10,000 years tis but a flesh wound amiright? What do you think.

-Renegadewarp

I don't seem to recall him losing his arm I seem to recall the female losing hers I think his is still on just badly torn up from the eldar weapon since he puts her on his ruined shoulder so I would assume he still has both his arms and that his enhanced healing was already working on it.

When he gets hit with the razor disk he is quoted as thinking he'll never use the arm again. It buried itself so deeply that his arm was barely hanging on by scraps.

Don't fret it though. With bionics these days, and the fact that it's 40k, anything is possible.

I don't know if there's any chance of him showing up in another BL novel though. If they even write a HH book on the NL's the author would already be so limited from Lord of the Night back story that he may even prefer to approach the legion from a different angle. The success of the book is also kind of it's failure. The book was all encompassing of pre and post heresy (from one man's point of view).

Then again i could be eating my words here in a year or two.

New Night Lords book comes out on the 4th of March I think, Soul Hunter...

Yeah 4th of March, written by Aaron Dembski-Bowden

Synopsis: The Night Lords are one of the most feared legions of Chaos Space Marines. Remorseless hunters and killers, they relentlessly battle the Imperium of Man to avenge the death of their Primarch Konrad Curze. Their dark crusade takes them to the valuable world of Crythe Primus, where they will fight Imperial forces to claim the planet. But will the allegiance with their cohorts in the Black Legion last long enough for them to be victorious?

Haha I love how it's about the two legions struggling to work together, yet the current codex has them skipping along holding hands.

As for Zso Sahaal he says he won't ever use the arm again... but then he fights Acerbus, first with bolter then when he expends all rounds with that it says he uses his claws, so in my opinion, his arms pretty knackered he says its numb, but I think it's still working he couldn't take on Acerbus with only one claw.

so in my opinion, his arms pretty knackered he says its numb

old style LC let you use bolters in the same hand.

In the beginning though he awakes with his claws and finds the bolter called Mordax Tenebra 'Darks Bite' in the armoury. Like his claws it was a gift from Curze though he preferred the claws due to their elegance and purity

so in my opinion, his arms pretty knackered he says its numb

old style LC let you use bolters in the same hand.

In the beginning though he awakes with his claws and finds the bolter called Mordax Tenebra 'Darks Bite' in the armoury. Like his claws it was a gift from Curze though he preferred the claws due to their elegance and purity

If I remember correctly, there was also references throughout the book of his claws retracting back into the gauntlets.

Yeah, the arm is gone. It was so heavily damaged to be rendered unusable in the future. As was said earlier; prime candidate for bionics. Now if we could get GW to make Zso Sahaal a character for the table top, Night Lord players everywhere would rejoice.

Good to hear a new novel is on the way. Thanks for the update.

Good to hear a new novel is on the way. Thanks for the update.
Not one, but three! ;)

Little bit off topic but mind if I ask what the other two are Nihm?

Soul Hunter is the first novel of a trilogy!

Edit: the text is gone now from BL's website (the site has been borked for awhile). Basically it was blah blah blah new Night Lords Trilogy, blah blah Soul Hunter is the first book in the series, blah. Or something to that extent. :P

Soul Hunter is the first novel of a trilogy!

Oh wow!

Wait... actually I'm worried now. I loved the way the Night Lords were portrayed in Lord of the Night, as well as the sad irony of the Night Haunters echoing words and how they applied to both the Imperium and the legion. If these books make a shift back towards the focus Night Lords I will be happy but I don't see how that could be possible, and if they're lost to chaos... it's just going to sadden me...

Oh, how the mighty are fallen...

I've learned to take a lot of Lord of the Night with a grain of salt. Remember it was a story about a marine from the 31st Mil waking up in the 41st. I'm sort of inebriated at the moment so i won't go into too much detail..

It's an interesting story but i try and keep it far away from everything else Night Lord related. Whenever I read the book I imagine that it's a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

Imagine if someone wrote a story about Nathaniel Garro waking up in the 41st Millennium and being shocked at the state of the death guard.

• 3 weeks later...

Dark King is the other Night Lord Story.

Synopsis: From the Attack on Dorn to the destruction of Nostromo.

Its a Horus Heresy audio book that has Lightning Tower which is a Dorn story *snorts*

Its good and fun as well.

On Zso Sahaal and everything, I would love if they made models for each legion again and actually had TWO separate codexes for Chaos Space Marines...one for Renegades post heresy, and one on the Legions themselves. So it would be nice to see the Night Lords get more stuff.

The night lords do deserve some love in my opinion even when we started the conversaition in other posts there is plenty of possibilties-

-with the need for a Jump pack special character (zso sahaal) comes to mind

- their own legioin codex would be nice

-old special bonus' i.e. stealth adept, nightfighting all that jazz plenty of populace to support it

thats not to say of course the main 4 dont deserve a codex each but even just somethign to make the Armies of Chaos each more unique something atleast to hold a candle up to our ex brethren all the love going to (Black Templars, Blood Angels, and Space wolves. Maybe we too one day will

I'd rather have a Daemonic Visage effect across the board.

Terror is the essence of the Night Lords after all, Jump Packs, Bikes, infiltration and the likes were things that were tacked on for good measure to try and make them original.

I would prefer a more "army wide" morale effect, rather than a squad based one. The enemy units would be freaked out even without a unit of Night Lords actually laying into them. They should also be affected when taking morale tests for various other reasons.

However, I also still think that the Night Lords would really only ever be able to have their trademark effect on Imperial Guard, Tau, and possibly Craftworld Eldar (when they ever get the opportunity to orchestrate one of their raids against them). Against the majority of 40K forces the Night Lords methodology shouldn't have any effect at all (besides the typical effects of being assaulted by spiky Astartes).

The ideal representation of the Night Lords doctrine would be in a planetary campaign system for 40K, where the Night Lords would attack a special "communications" field first and as a special faction bonus would then impose the negative effect on the other involved factions afterwards.

In the first Ultramarine Novel with Uriel they were fighting Night Lords. Sure the Space Marines know no fear, but they were sure upset when they saw their assault brethren stapled to our tanks.

It should have some sort of affect on marines, maybe Rage. Pull them out of their defensive positions into the night to avenge their brothers, then the hammer drops...

Anyways I would kill for Visage, stealth, and maybe a LD modifier somewhere.

Archived