bikes: can you fire both?

i'm looking for information on if your bike squad, is armed with plasma guns or storm bolters

can you shoot both the twin link bolters and the model's Special weapon as well?

also can you shoot at one unit in the shooting turn and charge another unit in the same turn?

i've been thinking that because bikes are relentless... they don't count as moving, so as i understand it

a model can move 12 inches, can rapid fire at 12inches and fire his storm bolter for 4 str 4 shots, or 3 shots (1 being re rolled) at 24inches

as while as then Charge into close combat as well due to a Storm bolter being a "assualt" weapon...

me thinks me know but not sure

A model can only fire 1 gun a turn (unless it has a special rule to get around that like Monsterous Creatures). Bikes have to chose the bike mounted weapon or the personal weapon.

I. No, bike subtype units still fire like infantry but have the Relentless U.S.R.

II. No, all units follow the same assault rules. Unless a model is capable of firing at different units then they may choose which unit they wish to assault.

III. Storm Bolters are assault weapons, which are obviously not rapid fire weapons. There is a difference between a twin-linked Bolter and a Storm Bolter. Again read what Relentless does.

IV. Correct, you may charge after shooting an assault weapon. I am not sure why you think a Storm Bolter is both an assault and rapid fire type weapon though.

i'm looking for information on if your bike squad, is armed with plasma guns or storm bolters

can you shoot both the twin link bolters and the model's Special weapon as well?

Jamesl answered this, but it's important to note that Attack Bikes are allowed to fire their heavy weapon (heavy bolter or multimelta) AND the twin-linked bolters at the same time. However, normal biker models must choose between the special weapon (flamer, meltagun, plasmagun) and the twin-linked bolters. Special and heavy weapons on a bike are also NOT twin-linked. Just the bolters.

also can you shoot at one unit in the shooting turn and charge another unit in the same turn?

No. This is covered in the main rulebook, under the Assaults section. You must charge what you fired at in the shooting phase. The one exception being if you destroyed a transport in the shooting phase, you may charge the passengers in the assault phase.

i've been thinking that because bikes are relentless... they don't count as moving, so as i understand it

a model can move 12 inches, can rapid fire at 12inches and fire his storm bolter for 4 str 4 shots, or 3 shots (1 being re rolled) at 24inches

as while as then Charge into close combat as well due to a Storm bolter being a "assualt" weapon...

me thinks me know but not sure

Partially correct. Bikes are Relentless, so they can indeed move 12", rapid fire the twin-linked bolters 12" or single-shot at 24". If they have stormbolters they must choose between the twin-linked bolters on the bike, or the stormbolter to fire that turn.

Bikes can ALWAYS charge after firing, no matter the weapon, because they have Relentless. Just remember that you have to charge what you shot at. If it's outside the bike's 6" charge range, the charge fails. Assault weapons have no bearing on whether a bike can charge or not, as Relentless trumps the Assault characteristic of a weapon.

Assault weapons have no bearing on whether a bike can charge or not, as Relentless trumps the Assault characteristic of a weapon.

It should be noted that this is only almost always right, Relentless trumps the heavy and rapid fire characteristics, but for the incredably few non vehicles with ordanance, it has no effect. (to be honest, a chapter masters orbital bombardment is the only one I can think of)

I thought bikes could charge 12 inches, not 6. Doesnt cavalry get to charge up to 12 inches?

Cavalry and beaasts can charge 12 (but only move 6). Bikes are not cavalry. Bikes move 12 and charge 6.

Quick question regarding attack bikes then. Can they fire the heavy weapon twice or the heavy weapon once and then fire another weapons once (twinlinked heavy bolter or personal weapons)?

They can fire two different weapons once each (so the heavy bolter and the twinlinked bolters)

• 3 weeks later...
I think the rule you're looking for only ever applied to ONE CHARACTER : Cypher.

He had gunslinger which allowed him to fire both his pistols.

I wonder what ever happened to him?

And anyone with a servo harneses, and battle suits with multitracker, and monsterous creatures, and Ahriman (though his rule only lets him use multiple psychic shooting attacks), and attack bikes. Probly more I'm not thinking of, I have a pretty good handle on the rules, but I dont have them all memorized.

Probly more I'm not thinking of, I have a pretty good handle on the rules, but I dont have them all memorized.

The same is true for all of us, I suspect. <3

Regarding the Attack Bike: don't think of it as a model that gets to shoot twice; think of it as a unit with two models in it that each gets to shoot its weapon once.

Archived