Rogal Dorn

slaine69

this guy REALLY has a thing for eagles

I think this is the closest I've come to getting a primarch right though I don't know a whole lot about dorn except what I've read in the lexanium and similar places so apologies in advance to any fist fans if I'm off base

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/008/a/e/Rogal_Dorn_by_slaine69.jpg

Best, hands down, BEST primarch artwork I've ever seen. Wow man. I love the dead Iron Warriors at his feet, the heaviness of his chainblade, the blood splatters across his armor, said armor's very intricate decoration, the look on his face, and your understanding of lighting. This is just brilliant. On a scale of one to awesome, this ranks in awesome point five!

As an IF army player, that rocks! The only thing I don't like is the aging on his face... He seems like war has really taken its toll on this primarch. Perhaps thats what you were trying to convey, but at the same time, Primarchs were the epitomy of beauty and youth while also being awful and terrifying to behold.

Overall I really like it, tho.

you and aerion the faithful both have the best primarch artwork out there. while aerion has a very vibrant and cartoony style, you have a dark, gritty and realistic style you draw your primarchs with. amazing work bro.

i second that, you are equal best with very different style, yours is battle hardened and aerion has a more flavoured approach.

i love your dorn, i wouldnt want to be on the receiving end of his chain blade.

Archived