Horror Possessed Marine

smallvictory

I'm extremely close to burning my brushes, dumping my paints in a bucket and fingerpainting multicolored anger inspired ramblings all over the walls of my living room. Painting to a high standard is flippin hard! So I've decided as a way to work myself off the ledge so to speak, I'm going to focus on improving my GS skills by doing my first full sculpt marine sized model. I've been tinkering around with the idea of a possessed squad possessed by specific demons. The first one is going to be a Horror/Marine, I'm going for loose skin, multiple rows of teeth, those dreadlock things and an extra arm weilding flame. I've started on the head and I am really happy with the results so far. What do you all think of the plan? I am making the legs next, the ones in the pictures and the backpack were just there for scale, I'm not going to use any bits at all.

URL=http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?autocom=gallery&req=si&img=42066]gallery_31750_4444_6643.jpg[/url]gallery_31750_4444_16149.jpggallery_31750_4444_34924.jpg

Thanks Nephilim, I promise to keep updating as time allows.

Dan, I am kinda of making it up as I go along so you may indeed see your ideas make their way onto this model, thanks for planting the seeds.

I have been thinking that since he has no real eyes I might add one on his forehead "third eye" style, that or add an eye to his left and right hands so he can see.

gallery_31750_4444_12377.jpggallery_31750_4444_15473.jpggallery_31750_4444_10277.jpg

I just quick baked up some Sculpy parts and tac'd together the pose I had in mind. The Horror models seem to be leaping so I'm going for that look. Going to be thinking about which armor peices are going to be manifesting demon parts and what they will look like. Seriously, any ideas are appreciated, I'm trying to push my skills so I'll try anything. Nothings glued yet, pose might change a bit, but right now I kinda like it.

You know how the horrors are almost standing flamingo style? I think that would make this guy look pretty cool and would tie in the horror theme pretty well too. All it would take would be pulling the forward leaping leg back towards his other leg and giving it a smaller angle.

Aside from the body some things that jump to mind...

I think for the torso he should be shedding an old suit of armor or floppy skin with trim ( to look like mutating/shedding armor). You could have one arm, his head, and half his torso sticking out and the rest of it receeding around his waist. On the older floppy armor you could have teeth where there's a join, and maybe some old eyes.

Thanks for the go ahead on posting my ideas! He looks outstanding.

Great ideas Dan, I'm gonna run with it. I'm going to have two Horror arms, one reaching for a victem and one grabbing a shoulder pad peeling his way out of the armor. I think rigid armor collecting around him would make the model too bulky, so I plan to make it seem to peel off like it's soft where it is tearing and have scary looking teeth like a zipper along the tear lines. Gonna keep the lower body lookin like standard CSM and the Marine arms limp because they are part of the peeled off upper body.

gallery_31750_4444_19303.jpg

Threw this together before I have to leave, imagine that wire being an arm pushing off that shoulder pad, don't mind the drooping pose, the blue stuff was giving way as I snapped the shot. Keep the ideas comming, thanks.

I have been thinking that since he has no real eyes I might add one on his forehead "third eye" style, that or add an eye to his left and right hands so he can see.

I'd really suggest keeping the eyes off. It's the lack of them that makes it look so creepy, I think. It look brilliant as-is. Keep it up!

I love it so far. Your head sculpt is very nice. As for eyes I would suggest having them melted looking and running down his cheeks with pupils intact, or adding a tongue with an eye on the end extending from his open mouth. One other suggestion would be to add some more tentacles pointing forward

with eyes on the end of some of them, definitely an odd number though if you go this route. Keep up the good work and keep posting progress shots too.

This is a really cool idea!

The head sculpt is looking great, I don't think it would benefit from adding a third eye. I do like the thought of eyes on the hands, possibly on the hands of the limp marine arms?

I really like the idea of the zipper teeth, but I think the lower body might need some small warping as well (extra horns/spikes or something...).

Thanks Peck, Typewriter and Mikhail. I have added an eye to his forehead, four small eyes around his temple and even played with drooping/melting eyes. All attempts looked kind of cool but seemed to clutter the look so I scraped them all off. So, for now I'm gonna leave it alone and work on the chest and arms, I'll post pictures in a couple hours if it works out. Oh, Typewriter, I'm going to definatly warp the legs with spikes and general chaosy goodness.

absolutely amazing! i say give him a 3rd eye

I'm leaning that way, I've tried an open hand with an eye in the palm and haven't been happy with the results.

I love it so far

Thanks, so far so good.

The GS work is great. It in fact creeps me out everytime I look at it

Good, Creeping out loyalist is what he is supposed to do. :mellow:

Only one pic, a giant distraction and my giant fingers ruining finished GS work before it dries has slowed me sown a bit. Warning to all that want to try complicated GS creations, work in layers and let each layer/part completely dry before moving on to the next. Learned that lesson the hard way on this guy.

gallery_31750_4444_2585.jpg

The peeling armor is very rough, the inside is going to be completely covered in sinew and veins and the outside will be bulked up. Adding one feature at a time every three hrs. or so between drying seems to be the ticket. I'm going to start my Flamer/Marine now to stay busy in the down time.

Archived