CyberPunk Riot Squad

Persephone 66

I started a blog about my noise marines on another forum, but I figured it couldn't hurt to post here. Any advice or suggestions would be very appreciated.

I like 40K. I like AngelSpit. Listening to "Let Them Eat Distortion" on their newest CD, Hideous and Perfect, gave me an idea for an Emperor's Children/Noise marines/Slaanesh army. Couple weeks ago I picked up a box of Noise marines and started painting them up.

Here's what I have so far -

gallery_51589_4450_72631.jpg

gallery_51589_4450_56706.jpg

Noise Champ

gallery_51589_4450_84681.jpg

Noise Champ discussing the use of distortion and analogue synths with a Chaplain belonging to my girlfriend's Blood Angels.

gallery_51589_4450_179384.jpg

gallery_51589_4450_7459.jpg

2 nearly completed noise marines.

This work was done very recently. And my first attempts at using Green Stuff.

gallery_51589_4450_36578.jpg

This head will go on my blastmaster weilding marine.

gallery_51589_4450_87872.jpg

Other converted WIP helms.

This is the basic colour scheme I'm using, though some are going to be a little different.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f155/vampswagen/angelspit_csm.jpg

Not your normal pink/purple/black EC scheme, but it fits the band theme and I like it. Though I think they do look kinda Chaos BA's.

I need suggestions though. I'm going to model the HQ units after the members of the band and need to find good models to start with.

Zoog

http://www.angelspit.net/visuals/live_photos/herford-nov07/DSC_0015.JPGhttp://www.angelspit.net/visuals/live_photos/herford-nov07/DSC_0069.JPG

He's going to be a Daemon Prince

Destroyx

http://www.angelspit.net/visuals/live_photos/hobart-july08/IMG_5967.jpghttp://www.angelspit.net/visuals/live_photos/leipzig_fv-dec07/DSC_0142.jpg

She's going to count as Fabius Bile. I wanted to use Fabius as AngelSpit has kind of a medical theme.

This is going to be a pretty big project for me. I'm going to be running 3 defilers in the army, each will be heavily converted and inspired by a song. I was also going to run a dreadnaught in this list, but decided against it. Though I might still get a Forgeworld Sonic Dread anyway and make it match the army for the heck of it.

I'm going to be using this for the chapter symbol -

http://www.angelspit.net/downloads/stencils/syringe_strencil-200.jpg

I'll most likely be using other Angelspit iconography as well. I need to get that on a really small stencil or transfer, I don't think I can freehand it.

I'll ignore the punk inspired part... I'm a metalhead and don't really care for it. :P But... Punk is noise, as is metal, and I don't think Slaanesh would discriminate.

Your paint scheme is interesting. It looks more Khorne to me, just becaus of the red. If you look at your Chaos Codex, check out the Company of Misery paint scheme(I'm too lazy to Google for it). I think that would look pretty wicked on your marines.

Here's something to aspire to, though it's metal and not punk, Army of Legend: Metal Themed Slaanesh Army.

That metal army is pretty epic. I like metal too, especially symphonic metal, but cyberpunk, industrial and gothic are what I usually listen to. Nearly everything associated with Angelspit is red and black, hence the colour scheme. Though I think I am going to look at the Company of Misery scheme. I was going to do each squad at least slightly different.

Thank you

Interesting theme you've got there.

Being a metalhead myself I've always imagined Noise Marines to play real Death Metal, but as The Nephilim said, noise is noise. Slaanesh cares not what kind of noise flows :)

The head furthest right with the greenstuffed mohawk looks pretty good for a first-time GS user. Though I have to say that my favourite by far is the pigtailed head on the left, it makes me laugh every time I see it and is very fitting with the theme.

Thank yous.

I'm sure I'll get better the more I work with the Green Stuff. I want to do more heads/helms. At least a few with a 'hawk similar to Zoog's. I'm seriously considering putting the pigtails helm on a "marine in drag." Both Zoog and Destroyx like drag queens.

Usually I tend to lurk around this forum but after popping in here I've had to register! Must say they are looking awesome!

Gave me an idea of a Combichrist or Suicide Commando themed Khorne Army haha, or failing that a converted Imperial Guard to Nachtmahr. :wub:

Again, they look fantastic so far, keep it up and I look forward to seeing some more!

Overwatch

The models aren't half bad. Love the concept of a music-based Noise Marine army that doesn't use actual instruments (all the others I've seen have guitars and whatnots - which is cool I guess but it's a theme that gets repeated) - this is nice and fresh.

But what I really wanted to post for was to say thanks for introducing me to Angelspit - decided to look them up on YouTube and I really like their stuff (I'm a goth/metalhead but I really like the cybergoth stuff). Just found out I can't buy their CDs in my country though :( To the internet I go then I guess...

My first thought for the Fabius/Destroyx base model would be one of the nurses form Wyrds Malifaux range - they're about the same scale as GW (maybe a little bigger) and look quite similar to pictures you've posted. Some green stuff, a few chaos bits, and maybe servo harness and you've got yourself a Fabius whose Chirurgeon experiments have had a slightly...unexpected effect to say the least <_<

@OverwatchGMX - Thank you :D You will see more soon!

@Capt. Lysander - They are not all going to have the same scheme. I'm doing another squad that will have more black, another that will be black and white. Not sure what else.

@Interrogator-Chaplain Adam - You're welcome! AngelSpit doesn't use much in the way of instruments. A lot of what they do makes use of modular analogue synths. So the old style noise marines that carried what looked like guitars wouldn't really fit anyway. Though I do think they looked pretty cool. Check AngelSpit's website, angelspit.net, they sell their CD's and other merch on the site and there's quite a bit of information about the band there too.

@s1thl0rd - I'm going to have to look in to that. My thoughts at first were a SoB but that's going to be a considerable amount of filing/green stuffing to make it look right. My gf, vmpkitten on this forum, suggested a nude ot nearly nude model and making clothing/armour out of green stuff. Also Fabius' backpack does come in a blister.

@gwarfan - I'll have to look at that too. Right now I'm at work and my work computer is having difficulty with GW's site. I'm still exploring possibilities for Destroyx, Zoog, on the other hand, I think will be modeled using the Necron Deciever. I'm thinking some conversion work to make it look more human. A bit more to make it look like Zoog. Scalpel in one hand, whip made from audio cables in the other (Lash of Submission), and I think it should look pretty cool.

On with the updates!

I've got this squad nearly completed. Just one more marine to go and squad "

" will be finished. I'm also planning on makeing a banner for this squad. Well, each squad.

First, making a guest appearance on bass - err blastmaster - Bootsie Collins!

gallery_51589_4450_40591.jpg

I just couldn't resist.

Here's 4 recently completed Sonic Blaster weilding CSM's.

gallery_51589_4450_112956.jpg

Like the 'hawks?

Here's the squad so far.

gallery_51589_4450_29607.jpg

I still need to trade out the champ's bolter for a Sonic, but I think I'm going to use the spare Blastmaster I have for that. Just shorten it up and turn it forward so he's holding it with one hand. Yay! More conversions!

The CSM with the pigtails is next. After that don't expect much until a few weeks from now after I purchase a battleforce.

Thank you. :devil:

Just a quick update while the green stuff hardens. Started working on my marine in drag.

Alert the Dark Angels that the Sacred Falsies and Holy High Heels have gone missing from their armoury, along with a few frocks.

gallery_51589_4450_9835.jpg

It's a start, it's a little rough, but it should look pretty cool when done.

gallery_51589_4450_42214.jpg

And here it is with my "slut boots" that I based the heels off of. I considered naming this one after me and making it a special character, but to make it realistic I would need a WS of -10. I can't hit the broad side of a barn even with the assistance of a scope and a laser.

I suggest you be careful with the armor boobs. The way you have them its just going to look silly. Breasts wouldn't actually show in such heavy armor. If you really want them for the look, shave the front of the torso down considerably and then add the boobs.

I like the project overall. I think i met the members of this band once, and i have a lot of friends who like them (i'm in the goth/cyber punk scene). Nice boots too.

The Boobs on the marine arent meant to be real boobs the idea is the marine is wearing fake ones over his armor. At lest thats how he described it to me while he was working on it and i was painting and building my crimson fists who are going to beat them all up. The idea is a drag queen marine i said he should add some dark angel bits on to him :confused:.

The foot part of the heel is excessive. I'd trim it back a bit.

Have you thought about taking the Canoness model and converting her? She's a pain in the ass to get all the Imperial crap off of, but if done properly, looks amazing.

@ vmpkitten - Thanks sweetie :) . We need to take some pics of your Crimson Fists and post them. They rock!

@ The Nephilim - The boots they are patterned after are pretty excessive - size 13, 6" heels. I did file them a bit more after the pic was taken, though. There's a lot of work I'm doing here that is not meant to be taken totally seriously. I'm also trying to get myself better with doing conversions and green stuff work so my HQ's look their best.

Cannoness? For the Destroyx model? Yeah that was a thought. I like vmpkitten's suggestion best so far, start with a nude or nearly nude model. Then add clothing/armour to it.

I did pick up an Emperor's Children Lord that is actually going to be used as the noise champ for my other squad (Let Them Eat Distortion). vmpkitten also got herself a Pedro Kantor.

Got a little more done on the drag queen, not pics to post yet.

Also got a Emperor's Children Chaos Lord that I will be using for the Champion of the other Noise Marines squad. He's about ready for paint.

And now a question - The other squad of noise marines, should they be painted the same? I was also thinking either black with red trim or black with white trim.

I think that's about what I did.

I've got the demoted Chaos Lord mostly painted at this point. Went with black armour, red trim, gold on the pipes/speakers. Looks pretty good. Just need a few more details, washes, highlights and he's done. I've also made a banner for the nearly completed squad out of Green stuff. Need to paint some sort of heraldry on it, something that goes with "Make You Sin" And I need to finish the drag marine's frock. So far a skirt has been added. Still needs a top.

I'll take some pics as soon as I get a chance, do more work, take more pics. It's my "Friday" so I'll have a few days off soon to do stuff. Anyone know if the Chaos Battleforce comes with a vehicle accessories sprue? I need some of the gargoyle heads.

And now on with the show -

gallery_51589_4450_93693.jpg

Here we have the drag marine's painted helm and a hand made banner. Still need to put something on it.

gallery_51589_4450_126371.jpg

And here she is in her frock, waiting for paint as soon as the green stuff hardens. That base is my Mund Auf Augen Zu from Destroyx's makeup line. (I'm only using it for the pic) I'm wearing a lot of her other colours in my avatar pic.

gallery_51589_4450_175111.jpg

She caught the attention of my noise champ before I could finish him. Silly Slaanesh cultists.

gallery_51589_4450_82175.jpg

I got him away long enough to finish him.

gallery_51589_4450_131216.jpg

Through some stroke of tactical genius, Pedro Kantor appeared. I think I heard "Creed!" being screamed.

gallery_51589_4450_12525.jpg

He made me photograph him, I wasn't about to argue. Actually, he belongs to my girlfriend. She painted him too. I don't argue with her either.

More to come. Soon, very soon.

Archived