What's to stop my Land Speeder Storm from...

dizzy-xc

I am not sure what the question is? If the question is about passengers firing from an open top transport, if the transport moves than the squad counts as moved for the purposes of determining rapid fire and heavy, weapons.

If you are never planning on leaving the transport at all, then Bolters and maybe a Combi-Flamer will do just fine.

However, the Storm really isn't that durable, so it'll almost always get totalled if you use it hyper-aggressively but never dismount, as it becomes a higher priority target until you disembark.

This is more like a Tactica question that a Rules one at that point.

I am not sure what the question is? If the question is about passengers firing from an open top transport, if the transport moves than the squad counts as moved for the purposes of determining rapid fire and heavy, weapons.

+FRATER DOMUS+

Group: + FRATER DOMUS +

Member No.: 48435

Packing an outflanking, objective taking, zooming speed 13+, cover save of 4+ squad of snipers is totally legit in the SMC, right?

she/he/it wants to know if she/he/it can carry his 5 man scout troop scout and and fire his "heavy" class sniper rifles while granting moving and having the model, be granted a 4+ cover save ( i'll answer that last part) if i was across the , and i choose to shot AT your scouts, yes you would get your cover saver, but why would I, or NE1 for that matter... when we could shoot ur AV10 Landspeeder. Please remember that "open top AV units, get a +1 added to the damage result table.......

you cant however they can disembark and move INTO cover for taking objectives.

also if the vehicle is wrecked the scouts could use the wreckage as cover and even increase thier saves with cloaks

This is not quite true. By raw you can shoot anything you can draw LoS to, and is within range. You can measure range to the hull of the transporting vehicle as per pg 66 under embarking (this is the same rule that lets you use non shooting attacks/abilities from within a vehicle, as per BrB FAQ top right first page, the rule specificly states to and from, thus working both ways).

Therefor the only thing that stops you from effecting people inside a vehicle is you cant draw LOS. Thus any pyschic power that does not need LOS, or any shooting attack that does not need los (tau smart missles, and the new tyranid hive guards) can, by RAW, shoot people inside a transport. However as those weapons/abilities tend to ignore cover saves anyway (no LOS), the cloaks are still not useful

also if the vehicle is wrecked the scouts could use the wreckage as cover and even increase thier saves with cloaks

Why cant u disembark INTO cover?

You can, so long as the speeder is within 2" of cover

Why cant u disembark INTO cover?

You misread greatcrusade08 lazy quoted post #12 about firing at passengers within a vehicle. It is fine to disembark into difficult terrain.

Packing an outflanking, objective taking, zooming speed 13+, cover save of 4+ squad of snipers is totally legit in the SMC, right?

Where are you getting the cover save from? From moving Flat Out? If so, you need to have moved more than 18" in a straight line to claim a 4+ cover save for the LSS.

@DarkGuard: I assume he was thinking that the hull of the Speeder would provide a Cover Save.

As to the poster who said you could shoot the Scouts riding on the Storm via RAW... That's easily handled by pointing out that there is no requirement (and I believe it's specifically exempted) to have passengers in/on the transport vehicle. So even if you could draw LoS to the passenger compartment a loaded Storm might not have anyone "onboard" to shoot.

Besides as multiple folks have pointed out why bother? The LSS will go down fast when hit by anything bigger than a Lasgun. :lol:

@DarkGuard: I assume he was thinking that the hull of the Speeder would provide a Cover Save.

As to the poster who said you could shoot the Scouts riding on the Storm via RAW... That's easily handled by pointing out that there is no requirement (and I believe it's specifically exempted) to have passengers in/on the transport vehicle. So even if you could draw LoS to the passenger compartment a loaded Storm might not have anyone "onboard" to shoot.

Besides as multiple folks have pointed out why bother? The LSS will go down fast when hit by anything bigger than a Lasgun. :(

Page 66 under embarking, any measurements involving the passengers are made to or from the hull. Its what lets psykers use their powers while in a transport, or pedro give his aura before he has disembarked. It is a two way streat. Still not a lot can do it just those two weapons and a handfull of powers, so I dont worry about it much.

Archived