Land Raider Multi-Melta Upgrade is 360`?

dizzy-xc

if the weapon can move, it can fire at whatever it can point at. If it cant it gets 45 degrees. If its on a turret or sponson that you glued imobile, it can shoot at what it would be able to point at if you hadnt glued it.

see page 59. Also the rule for pintle mounted is 45 degrees unless its mounted on the turret.

And yes that does mean the exact same vehicle can having different properties depending on how you model it.

What Pattern is the landraider, Crusader/Reedemer i assume?

if so the multimelta is pintle-mounted and shoots 360 Degrees.

Standard LR [edited] upgrade... So mount it on a turret hatch that turns and all is well in 360` land?

Short answer: Yes

Long answer: YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS

As Frosty points out, a pintle-mounted weapon has a 45 degree firing arc per the BRB.

There are no turrets on a Land Raider...so unless you model a turret onto your land raider, you're sticking it on the PINTLE coming off the hatch like the rest of us. That hatch is not a turret if you glue it down. I suppose if you don't glue it or use fancy magnets so it will spin 360 degrees, then yes, it does have 360 firing arc.

I'm not sure if that just counts a pintle or if it can in fact spin legally, so I'm curious to hear some more weight on both sides.

As Frosty points out, a pintle-mounted weapon has a 45 degree firing arc per the BRB.

There are no turrets on a Land Raider...so unless you model a turret onto your land raider, you're sticking it on the PINTLE coming off the hatch like the rest of us. That hatch is not a turret if you glue it down. I suppose if you don't glue it or use fancy magnets so it will spin 360 degrees, then yes, it does have 360 firing arc.

I'm not sure if that just counts a pintle or if it can in fact spin legally, so I'm curious to hear some more weight on both sides.

GW has clarified that the hatch on a rhino is a turret.

It was posted earlier in a mail from Robin (rules guy @GW).

GW artwork and models also support this by showing Rhinos with rotating hatches.

Really? It's the same exact structure. It carries from rhinos to razorbacks right in the FAQ, and by extension anything with the same hull; you'd seriously rule out one similar hull with all the same (important) structure? The ruling is the same for all: if it can turn that way, it can shoot that way. 360 around, 45 up and down.

A Rhino is not a land raider.

Precedent for one doesn't necessarily carry across.

45* arc.

The clarification regarded the Space Marine tank hatches more than the Rhino itself.

The Rhino was used as an example but the FAQ tells us the rules are the same across all vehicles.

Archived