moving rules for tanks

Casperatis

Had a battle the other weekend and thought that this was not possable but could not find the rules on it.... am i just crazy?

can a tank move into a ruined building, even if it can not fit. Everywhere i look it says it is ok as long as it is not on a upper level. please help me recover my mind

Had a battle the other weekend and thought that this was not possable but could not find the rules on it.... am i just crazy?

can a tank move into a ruined building, even if it can not fit. Everywhere i look it says it is ok as long as it is not on a upper level. please help me recover my mind

Correct. Tanks are big powerful pieces of metal. They can enter ruins (and other dangerous terrain) by just bulldozing through walls, although they (sensibly) are not one of the types of vehicle that can go up levels (unless they are also a Skimmer, like Eldar and Tau tanks).

Personally I built all of my terrain to be big enough for Rhino chassis to fit inside to alleviate this issue.

The fact that the model won't fit is just a limitation of modelling, not of a Tank going through a shack.

Where I play if a tank does do this (bulldoze through a building) a dangerous terrain check is in order.

Oh yes. But it doesn't matter if the model is physically too big to fit inside the ruin, is the point.

Where I play if a tank does do this (bulldoze through a building) a dangerous terrain check is in order.

Oh yes. But it doesn't matter if the model is physically too big to fit inside the ruin, is the point.

I agree with you on all counts. =)

Doesn't the rules say they have to anyway? A vehicle moving through/exiting/entering any amount of difficult terrain must take a dangerous terrain test. That's how I remember the rules anyway.

vehicles treat all difficult terain as dangerous terain instead. And the walls of ruins are defined as difficult terain (yes guardsmen can waltz through the walls of a ruin, its assumed they use blasting charges or cuting torches or something.)

Hehehe Frosty I do know the rule, I just decided to break things up a bit. Instead of quoting and being all 'THIS IS IT', I thought I'd take a more subtle approach by quoting the rules and going, isn't this it?

It makes me feel like less of a robot that churns out quotes and also prevents me from looking like 'that guy'. :)

Archived