rhinos

sword brethren

hey guys.

recently turned to chaos as far as battles are concerned and i was reading through the codex and i saw something

chaos rhino wargear, searchlight, smokes and a twin linked bolter

the twin linked bolter can also be payed for....

so do i get the twin linked bolter for free, and if i do can i take another as pintle mounted?

thanks <_<

THe twin-linked bolter is standard equipment for 35 points, for 5 points extra you can buy one more twin-linked bolter so you get two <_<

awesome -_-

i think im gonna place mine on the chassis as if controlled by the guy sat next to the driver.

thanks ;)

I can tell you that if you choose to use that gun in a match or GT that you will get (cuss) over.. Both of the bolters are PINTLE MOUNTED... This means it has a 360 degree firing ark.. That gun you have on the front.. Does not pintle mount and if I measured from that gun to something behind or even beside your tank it would be blocked by the tank itself. With the "true line of sight" rules in 5th edition it would be a huge hinderence.. Again it is your choice model it how you want but it could pose a problem.

I can tell you that if you choose to use that gun in a match or GT that you will get (cuss) over.. Both of the bolters are PINTLE MOUNTED... This means it has a 360 degree firing ark.. That gun you have on the front.. Does not pintle mount and if I measured from that gun to something behind or even beside your tank it would be blocked by the tank itself. With the "true line of sight" rules in 5th edition it would be a huge hinderence.. Again it is your choice model it how you want but it could pose a problem.
The standard twin-linked bolter isn't specified as being pintle-mounted whereas the upgrade option is. He should be perfectly fine in fielding the above vehicle.

The standard twin-linked bolter isn't specified as being pintle-mounted whereas the upgrade option is. He should be perfectly fine in fielding the above vehicle.

thanks Nihm for backing up that point and although it would be a hinderence there is no chance of me ever entering a grand tournament or match where people will moan at me for it.

i only play a couple of close friend who are all happy with it and we are quite lax anyway and if i asked politly they would probably allow me to count it as pintle mounted.

as a conclusion i build and paint more than i game and it wont make any difference other than being a bit different, usually my friends incourage me with my conversion rather than punish me for being unique :)

thanks Nihm for backing up that point and although it would be a hinderence there is no chance of me ever entering a grand tournament or match where people will moan at me for it.

i only play a couple of close friend who are all happy with it and we are quite lax anyway and if i asked politly they would probably allow me to count it as pintle mounted.

as a conclusion i build and paint more than i game and it wont make any difference other than being a bit different, usually my friends incourage me with my conversion rather than punish me for being unique :blink:

just as a back up, i let him play with it blu tacked on until he found out whether it was allowed. now its glued im still happy for him to use it, being a guardsman myself its nice to see chaos be a bit fresher and converting the vehicles to a way that looks different

:wacko:

frantically checks codex

OMG, I thought stock csm rhinos didnt come with a weapon!!!!

I was always adding a tl bolter just to avoid the immobilized result...

now what can I do with those points, hmmm

You can buy a TL Bolter like you have in the past, thereby increasing the number of 'weapon destroyed' results that the Rhino can take before becoming immobilized. :D

frantically checks codex

OMG, I thought stock csm rhinos didnt come with a weapon!!!!

I was always adding a tl bolter just to avoid the immobilized result...

now what can I do with those points, hmmm

You can buy a TL Bolter like you have in the past, thereby increasing the number of 'weapon destroyed' results that the Rhino can take before becoming immobilized. :lol:

Thanks for the clarification Nihm. I didnt have my codex right near by but I was pretty sure it did say it was pintle mounted. Guess I was wrong haha.

At anyrate. 4 bolter shots from a transport is pretty nice. The combi weapons are not bad options either when you think about it. Tank shock.. Flamer...

Archived