Marines Exemplar Captain

rwd6378

This is my first post of my Marines Exemplar. I love the current metal terminator captain, however he seems small since the release of the new termis. I decided to make my own captain using Brother Deino from the new space hulk box. I really should have taken pictures before I primed him, sorry for the bad pics.

http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab211/rwd6378/Marines%20Exemplar/P1000680.jpg

http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab211/rwd6378/Marines%20Exemplar/P1000682.jpg

http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab211/rwd6378/Marines%20Exemplar/P1000681.jpg

http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab211/rwd6378/Marines%20Exemplar/P1000683.jpg

Looks good! A nice clean figg, steadily walking forward while killing his foes with the stormbolter.

I see the start of some stuff on the base as well, or was it a big geanesteeler there a bit ago?

Waiting to see the rest of his squad! :P

The primer is a little thick. If you don't thin your paints a lot, you'll loose a lot of the details...

The poor lighting and the camera flash make it look thick on the face, but it's not. I am in the process of painting the mini, so once I'm done and I figure out how to use my camera I'll post some more pics.

The primer is a little thick. If you don't thin your paints a lot, you'll loose a lot of the details...

The poor lighting and the camera flash make it look thick on the face, but it's not. I am in the process of painting the mini, so once I'm done and I figure out how to use my camera I'll post some more pics.

I had agreed with Cathar when I first looked at your pics but now that you point it out it does appear that the glare from the camera flash is obscuring the details not the primer. The Crux Terminatus looked filled with paint from the angle of the shot. There should be a tutorial on photographing minis on this site if I remember correctly. I do like the conversion and look forward to seeing some paint on him soon.

Unfortunatly the Crux on this model came that way as do several of the SH Termis, the top and bottom piece of the Crux have no detail what so ever. I have thought about removing the primer on the Crux and adding the details before I get to far with the painting. I have read the Tuts on photography and plan on setting up a small area in the garage to mess with it. My camera however does not like focusing on small minis, I may have to go back to my old camera which does alot better.

Looks Nice, though i suggest perhaps a banner? or something else to make him stand out just a little more?

I have a metal banner from my veterans box set I thought about converting and adding to him.

Unfortunatly the Crux on this model came that way as do several of the SH Termis, the top and bottom piece of the Crux have no detail what so ever. I have thought about removing the primer on the Crux and adding the details before I get to far with the painting. I have read the Tuts on photography and plan on setting up a small area in the garage to mess with it. My camera however does not like focusing on small minis, I may have to go back to my old camera which does alot better.

I know what you mean about the Crux.

Ive just started converting mine and while they have fantastic details in some areas some parts are awful as if the designer said "look how good that bit is, no one will notice this!"

Nice conversion though. It doesnt look like you have done much until you compare it to the original. Thats a sign of a good conversion

I had to remove the bullets from the loin cloth because they looked horrible, I also had to redo the seal on several of the purity seals because they were just circles with no dip in them. GW has come along way with the plastic minis, but have a bit further to go with getting all of the details to come out properly.

I had to remove the bullets from the loin cloth because they looked horrible, I also had to redo the seal on several of the purity seals because they were just circles with no dip in them. GW has come along way with the plastic minis, but have a bit further to go with getting all of the details to come out properly.

Any pics to show progress? :P

Archived