Allies?

It's just a mess up. The kroot are not part of the chaos codex nor have ever been part of chaos lore, fluff or any article in regards to allying themselves with the ruinous powers. :)

It's no mess up. Kroot Mercenaries are available as Allies for a number of armies, including CSM. As far as I know, it is the only Chapter Approved list still legal in tournaments. They are MERCENARIES. Unless chaos forces stopped using local armies, hiring pirates and mercenaries or corrupting the ones that don't cooperate, I can't imagine someone not being able to come up with fluff for it. Now why anyone in their right mind would commit points to Kroot rather than something from the chaos codex is beyond me...

They should still be legal as long as a) the tourney organiser allows them and :jaw: you can still download the PDF.

I haven't been able to find the Kroot Mercs PDF on GW's website though.

Pretty sure it was taken down before GW revamped their website.

I don't think that the kroot mercs are legit anymore but I could be wrong.

Probably not in a tournament sense, but I don't think the rules would be unworkable in fun games.

I don't care if it is tourny legal. Is it playable, still working, and possible to be mutants.

LatD has the third, but not the first two. It can be played... but without proper champions, wargear, and HQs the list is broken.

This list.. actually looks good. If you want it, search 'warhammer 40k kroot mercenaries' on google. Ignore all results till you see the pdf by Andy Hoare.

My mutant leader... a master shaper with wings w/ a PW and a meltagun leading a squad of kroot w/ wings, w/ a shaper w/ an evicerator.

Then several squads of basic kroot, each shaper gets an evicerator. I have huge army with lots of hidden powerfists again :) .

Thats if I wanted them as a standalone mutant army. If using them as allies to my chaos marines I would forget about the flying master shaper.

I know it is hard to believe but there is more to the world and w40k comunity then US and UK in a lot of main land europe countries kroot merc are banned from playing . They were a WD list [not even a stand alone codex] and unlike BA never got a 5th ed update. It would be like using the Army of Dead to build a DC army for BA with the new codex rules or using old 3ed tank company.

Yes, Jeske, it is incredibly hard to believe that other communities might want to use their own variant tournament rules rather than the company's. That doesn't change the fact that GW says it's okay. Thus army builder is going to include it. Refer to the OP before charging people with egocentricity.

m8 we have GW sponsored GT here too and kroot illegal what does it say about GW letting or not letting stuff do? they are a WD list ment for another edition , to use it you would have to have the WD [all tournaments say you have to have the official legal rules with you ] it was in , the orgs would have to say it is ok etc . A IA WD list is not the same as a codex list [and you do know what happened to latd and those actually had a codex] , even and old one [like SW or DE had . but on the other hand SW were banned from many tournaments in spain and eastern europe in 5th ].

Yes, Jeske, and when Army Builder begins making their content inclusion decisions based upon what certain European countries do and do not allow in their tournaments then all this will be relevant to the discussion. I'm not arguing the merits of its legality as an army. I'm saying that they're legal in many tourneys and thus were not included in Army Builder as a mistake - which was the question.

Archived