What is transport capacity for a Land Raider?

dizzy-xc

GW announced at a GamesDay that they made a mistake with the 12 and all future books will have 10. Regular marines will return to 10 for Pods/Land Raiders when they get updated for 6th edition.

Tyranids get drop pods (named differently, rules-wise identical) that hold 20!

Not just 20 models, 20 infantry models, meaning that there is no thing with Warriors or Zoanthropes counting as 2 models. OF course, you can't take more then 9 Warriors in a unit anyway. O, and Nids can take an MC in their pods, and their pods can shoot and fight in combat and stuff, but they are more expensive.

Not just 20 models, 20 infantry models, meaning that there is no thing with Warriors or Zoanthropes counting as 2 models. OF course, you can't take more then 9 Warriors in a unit anyway. O, and Nids can take an MC in their pods, and their pods can shoot and fight in combat and stuff, but they are more expensive.

The pods are monsterous creaturs, with 3 wounds and T4. They are imobile. They are pretty much free KP if you have any unocupied melta or missles on the board. On the otherhand they have a special character zoanthroe which is just killer when droped in a pod.

GW announced at a GamesDay that they made a mistake with the 12 and all future books will have 10. Regular marines will return to 10 for Pods/Land Raiders when they get updated for 6th edition.

Something they've never bothered to mention to Forge World apparently. The second update to IA:II still lists the basic Raider as 12 capacity. Which actually makes more sense since then you can include a squad with attached character. What's the point of a 10 man Honor Guard when they can't use the same transport as the IC they are supposedly attached to? Though I suppose they could be trying to force you into the variants, but I love my Mk.IIB too much to want to leave at home. :)

Something they've never bothered to mention to Forge World apparently. The second update to IA:II still lists the basic Raider as 12 capacity. Which actually makes more sense since then you can include a squad with attached character. What's the point of a 10 man Honor Guard when they can't use the same transport as the IC they are supposedly attached to? Though I suppose they could be trying to force you into the variants, but I love my Mk.IIB too much to want to leave at home. :lol:

Get the third IA2 update, changed it back to 10.

The pods are monsterous creaturs, with 3 wounds and T4. They are imobile. They are pretty much free KP if you have any unocupied melta or missles on the board. On the otherhand they have a special character zoanthroe which is just killer when droped in a pod.

I know, I have the new Codex :o

Plus, as they are monstrous creatures they are able to shoot two weapons, and they can take weapons IIRC. Also, it seems to me that the Mycetic Spore will be able to shoot in the turn it lands, something our Drop Pods are unable to do unfortunately.

I know, I have the new Codex :D

Plus, as they are monstrous creatures they are able to shoot two weapons, and they can take weapons IIRC. Also, it seems to me that the Mycetic Spore will be able to shoot in the turn it lands, something our Drop Pods are unable to do unfortunately.

very true come with the devils tenticals (range 6, A6, S6, just dont model your marines as japanese school girls) and can take another weapon, though once you add the cost of the weapon, well its not economic for most all cases. Also Bs 2 and required to attack the nearest target isnt going to make them winners in any dangerous shooter contests.

land raiders sporting 10 units seems kinda lame, since terminator armour takes 2 slots, a independent character may not join them anymore... are you sure GW said its 10 now? what a bummer.

So as of now you have no way to get a chaos lord a ) any form of command squad and b ) can't take a lord in t-armor and a min unit of chosen in t-armor mounted unless you want to use two land raiders. This is either a bad set of rules or an evil plan by gw's marketing department to increase their sales of land raiders. Whichever it is all you can really say is Meh.

......well I could probably go on but then it would devolve in to an incoherently typed rant so we'll just skip that step.

I have to chuckle over a couple of the responses to this thread. As far back as my info goes (2nd Ed rules, 3rd Ed Codexes) the Land Raider Phobos (standard) has always had a 10 man/5 Terminator capacity. That goes for my hardcover Imperial Armour 2 as well. It's only the most recent Codex: Space Marines that increased the capacity to 12/6. At least for C:SM you do have the option of the Crusader if you really want to haul more than 5 Termies. And as a Templar player, I like putting 14 troops + IC in a Crusader.

I have to chuckle over a couple of the responses to this thread. As far back as my info goes (2nd Ed rules, 3rd Ed Codexes) the Land Raider Phobos (standard) has always had a 10 man/5 Terminator capacity. That goes for my hardcover Imperial Armour 2 as well. It's only the most recent Codex: Space Marines that increased the capacity to 12/6. At least for C:SM you do have the option of the Crusader if you really want to haul more than 5 Termies. And as a Templar player, I like putting 14 troops + IC in a Crusader.

While true, you used to be able to take an IC and a 4 man terminator bodyguard to fit in the Land Raider. Something only Wolves and Chaos can do now.

So as of now you have no way to get a chaos lord a ) any form of command squad and b ) can't take a lord in t-armor and a min unit of chosen in t-armor mounted unless you want to use two land raiders. This is either a bad set of rules or an evil plan by gw's marketing department to increase their sales of land raiders. Whichever it is all you can really say is Meh.

......well I could probably go on but then it would devolve in to an incoherently typed rant so we'll just skip that step.

Chaos terminators can have as few as 3 models in the unit. You can have a terminator lord and a 4 man terminator squad in a Land Raider.

While true, you used to be able to take an IC and a 4 man terminator bodyguard to fit in the Land Raider. Something only Wolves and Chaos can do now.

Didn't think of that since Templars can take Sgt + 3 Terminator command squads. :)

Archived