Sporting twin thunderhammers...

dizzy-xc

You're fast. :P

A normal and a special weapon. These models gain one additional attack. All of their attacks, including the bonus attack, benefit from the special weapon's bonuses.

Power fists, thunder hammers and lightning claws arean exception to this. Only a second power fist, thunder hammer or lightning claw can confer a bonus attack to a model equipped with one of these weapons.

You guys run a tight ship. The forums are probably better for it. I love the community and everyone is helpful. Lotsa resources here. No way I'm rocking this boat. I was just tired and ignorant of those rules. I'll try to watch my abbreviations... So used to it though with texting the way you dont have the room or time to spare these days is all. Bad habit for sure!

Can you do it (2xTH)? Certainly. Should you do it? Not on any model less than a Captain/Chapter Master. WS 4 is not going to generate enough hits to justify the expense that model comes at (at least, that's what I've found over many frustrating trials). Promoting the model to Captain/Commander made that 2xTH guy fun to play. I still do sometimes, alongside a counts-as Calgar (a model that previously was just a vanguard with 2xPF).

Would I be correct in assuming that it would be cheaper and more effective by giving a second model a thunder hammer, rather than a second hammer to the same model.

Thus rather than a single guaranteed +1 attack in total, you have the possibility of 1+1 (base +charging) attack from a second model on the charge from hammer hits.

In the case of BA VAS units where you can equip up to three models, it would seem more sensible to run three hammers on three models - except where you are running small squads and risk losing a high percentage of them before getting into combat?

Archived