Kroot Mercenaries List

So I was leafing through an old Chapter Approved book (2003) and I fell apon the Kroot Mercenarys list. I thought softly "Man I remember wanting to play this list around the same time I wanted to play Catachans, but I never did."

A brief review of the list easily shows WHY no one would play it. It's pretty bad.

But it still makes me wonder, in this day and age. Is it possible to play this list?

I'm sure no one at the local gaming store would mind, considering it's overly bad in a fluffy way.

But has anyone ever seen a Kroot Mercenaries force at a Tourney? Or Rouge Trader OR GT?

Anyone go the inside track on the GW position on such a list? :)

There is a fandex out there I kept hereing good things about, and it has kroot running around with storm bolters, meltaguns, and power weapons. So I filed that under nope.

But yeah, I dont think ANY of the old chapter aproved stuff is still valid. But of course if the oponent is cool with it, then have fun.

Its technically still valid, as its never been replaced with anything- but your unlikely to get to use it at a tournament, and they no longer receives FAQs. Basicly, the army was dropped like a rock by GW.

Probly because most people dont like kroot much.

http://trobarts.customer.netspace.net.au/5...kroot_V5.84.pdf

Yeah, I love kroot, like i love catachans.

They are both groups of total badasses whom are worth next to nothing in a tabletop game without a complete coverage of trees.

But such is the way of the world.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it would be tournament illegal unless I could contact ahead and mention that I was bringing a really bad list to play with.

Then maybe they would let me come and lose at their tournament. :)

Archived