Kill points

Charliemachina

I would build my army first, make it competitive and fluffy and generally an army that you like to play.

THEN check whether or not there is any easy ways to consolidate or reduce KP in your list without really affecting anything.

I find that usually in a well balanced list theres slightly less than 1KP per 100pts, but thats just a general guideline- like our chaos friends here I tend to just make a good list, and worry about KPs when it comes down to the actual fight.

At 1500 I have 9, 2 of which are raiders and one of which is grey knight terminators (hard to get stuck into) but 2 are rhinos and another 3 are IST squads (easy to kill).

Just made the list and haven't had an actual game with it so don't know how it willl work

My SM at 1500 have a minimum of 7 KPs.

At 1850, 8 KPs.

Why? Biker army/Termi army.

My CSM at 1675 has 10 KPs.

At 2000, 11 KP.

Why? Mech plague marines, DP/Oblits.

My Eldar at 1500 has 7 KPs.

At 1850, 9 KPs.

Why? Jetbikes, Full Bike Council and 2 prisms.

My Space Marines at 1500pts normally have 11KPs, although this may rise to 16 if I combat squad (most likely to reach only 12 though). 4 of those KPs are Rhinos and Razorbacks, the rest being some attack bikes and a full half company, so they're not exactly amazingly durable.

IMO you shouldn't worry too much about your own KPs, but rather try to squeeze as much destructive power as you can into them. Even if your opponent has killed more KPs then you at the end of the game, if all his army has gone you've still won (this has happened to me before, very close game).

My 1500 point vulkan list has 12 KPs.

In my opinion, Kill Points should be the last thing you thing about when designing a list. For example, I'd much rather give up an additional 2 KPs for the flexibility of running 3 land speeders as separate F/A choices.

At 2000 points I have:

1 HQ KP

3 Elite KP

5 Troop KP

1 Fast KP

3 Heavy KP

That's 13. But I never really worry about how many I have because I can control my casualty rate to a large extent by maneuver and concentrate firepower to maximize my opponent's casualties.

I honestly never think about it, like a lot of other people have said above.

Remember: Every game can currently be won by annihilation. If your goal is annihilating your opponent, success means you can ignore KP, ignore objectives, and focus on killing your opponent. It's interesting how killing your opponent also helps with securing objectives and winning a killpoint game too. :)

Archived