Eagle Warriors Mark 6 Corvus Armor

DarkwingDon

Ok, I have been out of the 40k biz for a long time... to long to admit... but as of late I have been feeling the nip of the paint bug.

A long time friend of mine (you may know him from this site as araekyus) posted some pics a little bit ago and I was reminded of the fond times I had painting my Eagle Warriors.

Back then I was obsessed (and kind of still am) with creating and paiting and entire Chapter of Eagle Warriors in the old Mark 6 (those ones you got in a box of like 30 for $15 in the late '80s) armor. At the time I was only able to find 2 beat up old boxes of them tucked away and forgotten about in a store in SE CT. But, as luck would have it, I worked at a game store (with araekyus) and one of the things we did was paint stuff for customers. I had this one customer who wanted me to paint som figs for a bored game.. some real simple stuff. He did not want to pay cash but has "some old 40k plastics kicking around" and I could have those in payment. So I told him to bring them in, and low and behold they were my beloved Mk6... still on sprues! And at that he had around 80 of them he was willing to give me. I still have them all...

I painted a bunch and here are a few of them... keep in mind I painted these 14 to 15 years ago and they are starting to show thier age...

Mark 6 Corvus Armor Assault Squad

gallery_51726_4462_34120.jpg

Bolt Pistol / Power Sword

gallery_51726_4462_44371.jpg

Bolter

gallery_51726_4462_33551.jpg

Flamer

gallery_51726_4462_26299.jpg

Sergeant - Power Fist / Chain Sword

gallery_51726_4462_64254.jpg

Melta Gun

gallery_51726_4462_19687.jpg

Now I am looking to get back into it and see what I can do.

Forgot to mention...

All of the arms and hands are from Mk 7 plastics. I never liked the small hands of the Mk6 so I replaced them all. The backs, flamer, power sword, chain sword, bolter and bolt pistol are also from Mk7. The melta gun came from an old Epic walker of some sort, I don't remember.

The one jump pack was made from some spare bits and allot of plumbers putty.

I just got rid of 40 of those myself. I love the old jump packs and have near two squads using them with my modern plastic beakie marines - still need more though!

Great stuff though, wish I could have kept mine to have built and painted up :mellow:

Just aquired a bunch of the old plastics myself, and just love them. I was thinking of converting some so they carry closecombat weapons so I'm glad I'm seeing yours, No offence but yours prove to me that the current arms and close combat weapons are just too big for those old minis, guess I'll have to try and scratch build some proper sized weapons for mine.

still despite their slightly gorillaish appearance they're great minis, love the scheme and a I can imagine a full army of beakies painted in these colours would look great, so please keep at it.

Just aquired a bunch of the old plastics myself, and just love them. I was thinking of converting some so they carry closecombat weapons so I'm glad I'm seeing yours, No offence but yours prove to me that the current arms and close combat weapons are just too big for those old minis, guess I'll have to try and scratch build some proper sized weapons for mine.

still despite their slightly gorillaish appearance they're great minis, love the scheme and a I can imagine a full army of beakies painted in these colours would look great, so please keep at it.

I agree that they look a bit gorillaish. I do think they look better then the stock arms and weapons that came with them.

I would be interested in knowing how you would go about scratch building some weapons.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived