TDA's mad sheningans [GB + LPC]

TheDarkApostle

I rather like the little arch thingies on the front of the Land Raider, they're way more subtle than the cherubs on the side. Not that being subtle is usually on a space marine's to-do list.

Also, that servitor looks vaguely like he's playing a PS3. I assume he's going to be manning some sort of weapon?

With TDA in the title I was expecting Tactical Dreadnought Armor aka terminators. I now realize that was a shortening of your name. I like the cherubs on the front of the raider and the head on the servitor even if there are no termi's in your thread.

i am loving this project and im looking forward to more updates.

the changes you have made are very effected while some are subtle they really make the difference.

the cherubs are cool, how are you painting them? as cherubs or as something like stone?

if i can just add my two imperial credits:

I think the eagles behind the cherubs would look better if the heads faced OUT, as opposed to in, and it would look more like an aquila.

Also, what are you going to do to the servitor to make it look more like a servitor? it's still pretty scout like as far as i can tell

I'll play around with the eagles and cherubs tomorrow to see if I can work something better out.

Not going to do much about the servitor at the moment. I tried to keep my original concept but it didn't really work out as I couldn't get any arms to work with holding the stormbolter in any good way. When I finally did find a set of arms that worked however, they were far to bulky for the original torso, so I decided to bulk it up as well.

Hopefully my painting will help convey the feeling of a servitor. That, or some excessive green stuffing which I'm planning to start tomorrow. :)

TDA

Yay for more ornate Land Raiders! :)

Looks to be a very cool, holy, killy piece of the imperial warmachine indeed, and I'll deff be checking in on this when new updates apear.I'd say nay to the golden cherubim though, think it would look better in "real" colors, but I'll drop more opinions about that as we get more details and basic colors in place :P

Looking forward to pics about the changes and green stuff!

Damn.. now youve made me want to make another LR.. and I already have 8... I don't need another!

gallery_17075_3502_118615.jpg

gallery_17075_3502_27162.jpg

gallery_17075_3502_78228.jpg

gallery_17075_3502_153643.jpg

gallery_17075_3502_68418.jpg

gallery_17075_3502_27525.jpg

And finally a little something for the LPC:

gallery_17075_3219_62041.jpg

gallery_17075_3219_4381.jpg

Still messy alá TDA. Going to clean up the GS tomorrow after it's cured, with a specific note of the exhausts. Still got to add the planned trims on the sides, but I'm having trouble trying to decide whether to use plasticard or green stuff for it. Also I'm debating whether to do something with the stormbolter cable or to leave it as it is.

TDA

Archived