New Dark Angel Novel By Gav Thorpe

ForTheLion

Here's a post from Warseer by Gav himself...

Hi all,

Purging of Kadillus is a sort of prequel to Angels of Darkness in that it takes place before those events on Piscina, and some of the characters feature in both, but that's about the only narrative link between the two. If anything, the characters from AoD are included to show what they were like before being left to their own devices for a few years...

The basic story is based on the Storm of Vengeance campaign pack, so while the original gaming campaign of Andy and Pete and co had Harbingers and all sorts of other forces featured, the novel revolves around DA, Piscina PDF and the orkses.

That's all I'm prepared to say at the moment (I've only just started writing it!) but there'll be more on Mechanical Hamster nearer release.

Cheers,

GAV

PS Naaman will kick some orky bottom, that's for sure.

Could be very interesting and it's nice to see the DA getting some attention in the series. Given the fact that there is so much material written about it (much of which is actually contradictory - see the account in the Ork codex and then compare it to the DA Codex) it will be nice to see it being based on the original campaign pack.

So we'll get to see Naaman make his reputation and Belial as third company master. The latter also gets to duel Ghazghkull himself.

I wonder if Belial's original armament will be included? He used to have a powerfist if memory serves and there should be some nice scenes like the fight for the chapel. Ahhh, happy days.

• 1 month later...

A little bit of a threadomancy here.

So, for those who are interested, the first draft of the book is done. This is from Gav's blog the Mechanical Hamster (other than the first sentence, the blog is off topic).

I'm personally very excited about this book and have been desperately trying scour the Internet for information, but honestly there's not much at the moment. What I've found is that the Ravenwing features in the book, which is definitely a good thing since I've always felt they have been overshadowed a bit by our glorious 1st company.

Anyways, let's hope the book will see the light of the day during this year. :)

Here's a post from Warseer by Gav himself...

Hi all,

Purging of Kadillus is a sort of prequel to Angels of Darkness in that it takes place before those events on Piscina, and some of the characters feature in both, but that's about the only narrative link between the two. If anything, the characters from AoD are included to show what they were like before being left to their own devices for a few years...

The basic story is based on the Storm of Vengeance campaign pack, so while the original gaming campaign of Andy and Pete and co had Harbingers and all sorts of other forces featured, the novel revolves around DA, Piscina PDF and the orkses.

That's all I'm prepared to say at the moment (I've only just started writing it!) but there'll be more on Mechanical Hamster nearer release.

Cheers,

GAV

PS Naaman will kick some orky bottom, that's for sure.

Just a tad of historical trivia to those who weren't aware of it or missed the implication in ODms quotation of Gav Thorpe. I've highlighted the relevant part in the quote. The original Storm of Vengeance campaign and scenarios were play tested using the Harbingers, a DIY chapter of I think Pete (can't remember the surname). GW changed it to dark Angels at the last moment as they were one of the four leading flagship chapters at that time. I was made to understand that Pete was pretty upset about it. I got this directly from either Andy Hoare or Jervis Johnson when working towards the updated SoV scenario and campaign re-release for 3rd/4th edition.

Just a little trivia for those who missed it. The whole dark Angels involvement in Piscina 4, Belial's rise, the Angels of Darkness novel and now the Purging of Kadillus would have never existed if the Harbingers had featured in it as planned! Talk about a near miss!! :whistling:

The whole dark Angels involvement in Piscina 4, Belial's rise, the Angels of Darkness novel and now the Purging of Kadillus would have never existed if the Harbingers had featured in it as planned! Talk about a near miss!! :thanks:

Now that's a scary thought! :whistling:

Interesting info by the way, wasn't aware of the whole Harbingers deal.

Man, I'm psyched. Finally a novel featuring the Dark Angels that (hopefully) doesn't have anything to do with the Fall. I loves me some Fall, don't get me wrong, but not every single action that the DA undertake revolves around it. They do have normal Space Marine duties as well. Looks like we'll finally get to see some of this side of the Unforgiven as well.

Gav's developed into a good narrative writer, too, judging from some of his recent stuff, so I'm hopeful for a quality book here.

• 9 months later...

Archived