Confused about IG platoon killpoints

ShinyRhino

How do killpoints work for IG Troops platoons? I know IG can take huge blocks of squads as one Troops slot on the FOC. but then they have the option of combining the 10-man squads into combined squads. Is this like a reversed Combat Squad for us?

For example, let's say in one FOC slot, the IG player takes the platoon command squad, three infantry squads, one heavy weapons squad, and one conscripts squad.

Is that worth 6 KP if deployed as it separate elements?

Now, let's say the IG player deploys the unit as the PCS, one thirty-man squad, a heavy weapons squad, and the conscripts. Is it now only four KP?

I know back before the new IG codex, IG players were at a tiny advantage in KP games, because you had to kill or rout every single man from an entire troops selection to get a KP, which was really annoying.

How does it work now?

How do killpoints work for IG Troops platoons? I know IG can take huge blocks of squads as one Troops slot on the FOC. but then they have the option of combining the 10-man squads into combined squads. Is this like a reversed Combat Squad for us?

For example, let's say in one FOC slot, the IG player takes the platoon command squad, three infantry squads, one heavy weapons squad, and one conscripts squad.

Is that worth 6 KP if deployed as it separate elements?

Yep, 6 Kill Points

Now, let's say the IG player deploys the unit as the PCS, one thirty-man squad, a heavy weapons squad, and the conscripts. Is it now only four KP?
Yep, 4 Kill points now.

The ability to join squads into a giant mass was to keep IG from being swamped in kill points.

It's worked every time for me so far. The mob (joined by a commissar) even held up a rampaging carnifex for the latter half of a game. Otherwise, yes it's reverse combat squads exactly as you thought.

It's worked every time for me so far. The mob (joined by a commissar) even held up a rampaging carnifex for the latter half of a game. Otherwise, yes it's reverse combat squads exactly as you thought.

This has worked for me - my combined squad smacking a daemon prince in combat! It has also gone badly wrong with them losing a combat and running away. Watching 10-20 dudes run of the board in one move was not fun.

Archived