Chaos Codex 4.5

D3athwolf

Ah ok, I kind of understand where this build is coming from. I didn't know if we were giving everything new points values as well, to reflect the newer rules.

I would like to see some possibility of new vehicles, or "build your own daemon engine" type factors too. Or if not new vehicles, what points values would we put on stuff like "add a plasma cannon or multi-melta to your landraider/pred or such" also, something like the razorbacks might be nice, with a chaosy slant.

Also, if I'm going down a "shopping list" of possibilities, when Reading the Lexicanum site, it discusses the idea of having cult specific defilers. Cult specific razorbacks may be an idea. If you were to have an ATC with a large gunmount, maybe a Tzeenchian one that shows up with a sorcerer who instigates a psychic blast from the guns similar to the bolter hanged for 1ksons, and the like dependant on your/it's cult.

As for having the BL build being the strongest, I don't see an issue. Not only as a BL player but as a general rule, you are still going to get situations where they should be the strongest etc as Abaddon would/should be able to request/demand the following of any troop he wishes to send into battle, even if he is only overseeing the battle from afar.

Are we doing anything to any of the special characters/skill building HQs also, similar to the 3.5 dex? I like the idea of making a lord or leiutenant into some sort of demi-prince, almost MC sized, but something more akinor ogre/warboss with some of the perks of daemon princehood, but not all of them. This would also show a nice transition and may make campaign play a little more interesting. (random d6 based skill upgrades to be taken for example)

• 3 months later...
I would not give any legion[cult or not] free asp champion . non of the 5th ed dex has that and neither should chaos .

as the mark/icons go . I think that cult armies should have options to take marks for demons, dreads , spawn.

cult terminators and cult chosen should exist the idea that they dont just doesnt make much sense .

Well for the Sacred Numbers they existed before the Dreaded 5ed Codex...,and i liked it,because a Cultist unit is allready very costy.

And i was also shocked that there where no true Cultist Terminators in the actual Dex..even with a MoK they are weaker then there lesser experienced Brethren...

Cultist Khorne Termies for exemple should have WS 5,Fearless,Furious Charge.

Also the return of Chaos dedicated Gear!!!,i really miss my Khorne's Axe...with is lovely rule of extra attacks on every 6's rolled and my Collar of Khorne...

Also a World Eater Lord Should have Furious Charge rather then Preffered Ennemy's,because with his WS6 et allready hit nearly anything on a 3.

And for the Khorne Deamon Weapon i rather see a weapon that adds random attacks likethe actual Deamon Weapon or that enable the lord to re-roll missed to hit and to wound rolls.

Archived