Embarked 10 man squad cover save in Razorback?

dizzy-xc

If you have combat squads. Spacewolves dont. I was thinking of using the 6 man long fang squad and attaching an IC. I guess I could give the IC a jump pack, have him shadow the razorback and then attach him when the LF Squad disembarks... I guess then there is no problem with using a dedicated transport for a unit that exceeds its transport capacity as long as you dont try and embark into it?

If you have combat squads. Spacewolves dont. I was thinking of using the 6 man long fang squad and attaching an IC. I guess I could give the IC a jump pack, have him shadow the razorback and then attach him when the LF Squad disembarks... I guess then there is no problem with using a dedicated transport for a unit that exceeds its transport capacity as long as you dont try and embark into it?

That would be fine for the IC until he takes a STR8 shot to the face and no longer can join the unit since he is dead. Plus why would Long fangs need an IC to join them, about the only synergistic combination with Long fangs is a Rune Priest with Living Lightning, all the other IC's are built for Assault where Long Fang's shouldn't be. As for units larger than their transport's capacity, they can have it, they just can't use it until they are whittled down enough to fit in it.

If you are looking at a transport for Long Fangs, they can only really use it in DoW deployment, so either buy them a cheap rhino to transport them, or a razorback for a Cover save/Extra firepower. Drop pods for Long Fangs are another option but are a completely different story.

i agree with lostinnm, long fangs only have one role, thats fire suppression/support. they should be able to move around freely using a transport, which in most cases are a razorback for that extra punch.

i agree with lostinnm, long fangs only have one role, thats fire suppression/support. they should be able to move around freely using a transport, which in most cases are a razorback for that extra punch.

An anti-infantry razorback (TL-HB, 2x Storm bolters) for Long fangs is pretty cheap, and can free your long fangs up to take other specialized weapons. Plus it can move 6" and shoot everything. If I didn't run shock assault Space Wolves I'd run 5 Long fangs with that Razorback, 2 Plasma Cannons & 2 Missile Launchers with a squad leader carrying a meltagun. 7 Shots from the razorback, and 4 templates from the Long fangs fills a long range support niche pretty well.

Archived