Solidus' Legion Librarium Challenge

Solid Zaku

I, Solidzaku of the Liber Astartes Solidus' Legion, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least 10 Tactical Space Marines, 1 Magnetized Dreadnought, 1 Razorback, 2 Drop-Pods, and 5 Terminators on or before the 31st of March, 2010. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

Oh sweet Emperor, what have I done? I'm lucky if I get ONE Marine painted in a WEEK, and I'm promising THIS!? Hoo boy, the misses ain't gonna be happy at this. Oh well, she'll be working on her SoB's and xeno witch while I'm doing this, so it should be alright. Okay, where do I start. I understand the part of the Challenge about models not being more than 50% completed, so I will have to show two Termies I have already completed before the Challenge actually started...consider them gifts if you will. This does, unfortunately, mean that I'll have to prime up another Termy that's been sitting in 'developmental purgatory'. Ah well, no victory without sacrifice, right? Here's the thing...it's currently 12: 15 in the morning and I have packing to do, and lots of it, so by tomorrow afternoon I'll have the first WIP photoshoot done and ready for upload in the evening.

I just needed to get this posted, or else my brain would fry. Additionally, my Modular Dreadnought thread is to be amalgamated here.

• 2 months later...

Sigh, lessons to be learned, eh? I now know that bulk painting is NOT in my repertoire, especially with classes piling on as they were (Spring Break was a wash as it was). But, I'm not going to curse the winds, my failings are my own, and I'll eat the bitter fruit I've grown. Here is my semi-completionary pics.

gallery_28009_2272_369571.jpg

gallery_28009_2272_1006376.jpg

gallery_28009_2272_1373338.jpg

My DIY-article of penitence shall be forthcoming.

Learn well from my lesson, young Brothers: Go for quality of work, not quantity. If you want to make a Challenge you can keep, just promise three or four REALLY GOOD models.

Oh, and Drop Pods are a scourge...

Archived