Chapter Master Dante

Garden Ninja

Very nicely done, and very subtle.

I've spent the last few years around a mini game that's quite reknown for never using metallic paints, so I've been interested in NMM for some time and seen quite a few examples.

The one thing I will say is that to make it stand out with that metallic shine, you may need to highlight just another layer or two to get that final white edging or corner tip to make it shine. But in looking over your mini, I can see that you may have chosen to avoid this final touch for some reason. So, in light of that, for what it is it works really well :P

Is the axe painted to completion yet ? Unless it's my view on the angle, it looks as if it has a mix of greys and blacks in odd places.

mmmhm, Dante himself is very handsomely painted, the NMM is done very well, as are the jewels.

I think however that the jump pack could use an extra highlight, from this picture the red looks a bit flat (plus i always prefered it painted in gold - be that metallic or NMM - but thats beside the point)

bar that looks awesome! i'm not a BA player but if they release a new dante sculpt i'll be buying one :P, infact this painting makes me want to go and try to paint one the same as yours

Archived