DIY Chapter idea

Hexenes

Mods, if this is not the appropriate place for this, sorry.

I had this idea for a DIY chapter. Working color scheme is this.

The DA symbol is merely a placeholder for an as yet undetermined, sword-themed chapter symbol. I had originally thought all the weapons and such would be in the turquoise color, but I stumbled on the red and kinda like it, too. Mix or choose one or the other?

Chapter Name: The Sword of Damocles, based on the Greek legend of the same name (Wikipedia if you are not familiar). I'm kicking around the idea of this chapter either A.) being very closely linked to the Inquisition, rooting out and destroying corrupt planetary governors (whether corrupted by Chaos or their own power) under direction from the Inquisition, OR B.) doing the same thing on their own, being considered a borderline renegade, but still loyal, chapter. Often a couple of steps ahead of the Inquisition, Inquisitorial forces arrive in the system to find The Sword of Damocles chapter has already taken care of the problem.

I will do a test mini and try to get a pic up soon, along with some more fluff ideas. In the meantime, any comments, suggestions, etc., are welcome.

Interesting concept though I'm not too sure about the colour scheme. The painter isn't great with metallics, is that supposed to be bronze? If so then I think the bright blue you've chosen will be a bit strong, perhaps try darkening it down a touch and see what you think of that? At the minute it looks like his aquila is made from plasma coils! I like the name, though a lot of people might suggest you robbed it from the Iron Snakes book, which features a squad called Damocles. How about these as a few options:

Swordbearers of Damocles

Swords of Damocles

Blades of Damocles

I tend to think that chapter names need to be plural, i.e.: Blood Ravens, Imperial Fists, Dark Angels, Ultramarines. Otherwise they tend to sound like the name of a schlock villain from a 50's batman comic!

All of the above is entirely subjective though, I like the idea of a chapter closely tied to the inquisition and even beating them to the heretics. :P

Good work so far, look forward to seeing the test mini.

Archived