Fluffy WB army

Hello Brothers of the book of Lorgar!

I was thinking of expanding my small chaos army into a 2000pt war host lead by none other than Marduk the Dark Apostle, does anyone know what fluffy units I can add other than Chosen, Terminators and Posessed. Mainly I wanted to add FW deathguard and Khorne marines.

Thanks

(PS I would kind of like a decent list too)

Didn't it say in Dark Apostle that the WB used brothers with an affinity to Khorne as assault troops? Sounds kinda culty to me. Where in the source material does it say that WB never have cult troops? Not trying to be a jerk really. I am more than likely ignorant and require education.

Actually, in Dark Creed it states Khalaxis and his squad swung heavily towards Khorne. You could give a squad all bolt pistols and the Champion (Khalaxis) a chainaxe. If you want, you could use the berserker rules for them. Thats what I do. Also, if your doing Marduks Host, im sure you could give them the mark of Khorne. You also need some daemons. I know most people dont like the daemons because they arent very effective in game, but to be honest my bloodletters and plaguebearers rip my friends tyranids and eldar to shreds. Daemons arent so bad if you use them right. Making a Word Bearers army fluffy is still possible, brothers.

Actually, in Dark Creed it states Khalaxis and his squad swung heavily towards Khorne.

Yes but in all fairness it was also mentioned that its only overlooked because of how effective they are. They also haven't fully committed themselves to it which would be crossing the line (in my opinion).

Its your army but I'd be very careful about using Marks with Word Bearers and I personally would never use Cult Troops.

Actually, in Dark Creed it states Khalaxis and his squad swung heavily towards Khorne. You could give a squad all bolt pistols and the Champion (Khalaxis) a chainaxe. If you want, you could use the berserker rules for them. Thats what I do. Also, if your doing Marduks Host, im sure you could give them the mark of Khorne. You also need some daemons. I know most people dont like the daemons because they arent very effective in game, but to be honest my bloodletters and plaguebearers rip my friends tyranids and eldar to shreds. Daemons arent so bad if you use them right. Making a Word Bearers army fluffy is still possible, brothers.

I'd say that sort of squad would be better represented by a regular CSM squad but with gear choices that favor charging into CC. It doesn't have to go all the way to counts as berserkers.

I'm running 2 Lords, one with a Demon weapon, CSM squads with IoCG in Rhinos, Greater and Lesser Demons, a couple of 'Dreads, AC turret/Las sponson Preds... and 2 Oblits, and they're on loan from the Black Legion...

I've tried to stay as pure as possible within the parameters of the current 'Dex, it's a decent force... always game winning? No. Always fun for ME? Yes.

Grim

Archived