Mortis Crux' LPC 2010 Submission *Revised and Final Vow

Mortis Crux

Greetings all,

This is my first entry to this board as well as the hobby though I have been a lurker for quite a long time...

My Vow:

I, Mortis Crux, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least 3 HQ: Captain (Counts as Pedro Kantor), Chaplain (Counts as Cassius), Librarian & 10-strong unit of Tactical Marines on or before the 31st of March, 2010. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

I am revising my vow as I want to paint that which I will use to play. I have not engaged in battle and I wish to build a 500 pt. list then 750, and finally 1750 for RTT matches that are hosted at a local Independant shop in my area.

My Captain, Chappy and Libby

gallery_35613_4477_44033.jpg

10 Man Tactical Squad

gallery_35613_4477_276295.jpg

Here is the color scheme I am shooting for my as yet un name Inquisition support chapter (think Red Hunters) As these are the first models that I have painted for the hobby, I think I need to get a pair of readers or hobby magnifying glass. I will touch up the areas in need and work on the Tac Squad for an update later this week. My skills are young and I welcome C&C.

Vet Sergeant Seconded to Deathwatch

gallery_35613_4477_342363.jpg

gallery_35613_4477_219656.jpg

gallery_35613_4477_286705.jpg

The scheme is looking quite good so far, all i see the need for some highlights, if you haven't done them before there are some nice tutorials around the net all you have to do is search!

http://tinyurl.com/yzamjzm

also for painting eyes, i suggest using very watered down paints, so all you have to do is blob a little bit in the centre of the eye and it will flow to all the corners, remember to lay the model on its side so you don't have any down flow, and leave it at least 2 minutes before you continue to paint a white dot in the corner of the eye, followed by some orange or yellow in the front corner, it takes awhile to get the hang of but its actually quite easy and very very effective.

Good luck, looking forward to seeing more.

also for painting eyes, i suggest using very watered down paints, so all you have to do is blob a little bit in the centre of the eye and it will flow to all the corners, remember to lay the model on its side so you don't have any down flow, and leave it at least 2 minutes before you continue to paint a white dot in the corner of the eye, followed by some orange or yellow in the front corner, it takes awhile to get the hang of but its actually quite easy and very very effective.

Good luck, looking forward to seeing more.

Great suggestion! I will do this for all my models :unsure:

A magnifying glass will not help you if your brushes are not fine enough. I'd rather invest in good fine detail brushes and practice brush and paint control.

That said, I like your conversions a lot and you seem to tackle your beginnings in the hobby much better organized than most ^^

• 4 weeks later...
I'd go for one of the Foundation paints personally - Mordian Blue. It gives a very nice dark base over which layering UM blue and then (if you want) Enchanted blue and then Ice blue (for the extreme highlights) is easy enough.

Archived