warband

Test paint for my slannesh Warband.

Concept for paint.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...i&img=41624]gallery_51222_4420_14015.jpg

Actual test

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...i&img=42620]gallery_51222_4420_709199.jpg

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...i&img=42621]gallery_51222_4420_18065.jpg

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...i&img=42622]gallery_51222_4420_605893.jpg

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...i&img=42623]gallery_51222_4420_142951.jpg

Comments ae welcome. trying to figure out why the purple looks black when posted on here it shows up fine on my computer. probally need to change lighting.

Looks like a neat scheme; I've never seen silver/gunmetal used as a primary color for a Slaanesh army. (In 40k at least)

I think the purple looks black because of the lighting. Maybe if you had a lamp above/near the mini, you could see it better. In the third photo, you can see the purple a bit clearer than the others. I suggest experimenting with a lighter purple or adding highlights to the trim. As of now it looks darker than the scheme on the CSM painter, but I don't know what shade you're going for. I like the red, except it looks a little bright on the chest compared to the other areas. A dark red, like on the backpack might look better.

All in all, it's a nice start and I look forward to your progress! Now I just have to get some pics of my scheme this week.

the change in colors(red and purple are from lighting). The red I used is blood red over chaos black undercoat. The purple highlight didn't show on the marine came through great on my dread. Here is one pic the rest are in my albums or WIP.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...i&img=42732]gallery_51222_4420_3025167.jpg[/url][/img]

The story for this soon to be named Warband is Lord RedAxe started out as a member of the steel brethern, decided to strike out on his own. Dedicated his service to Slannesh. Started gathering other warriors to his banner. I am currently working out with the group I play with his deathwing esque rules. Thanks to my christmas gift from my wife of almost 40 termies. which happen to be all old metal slotty base, with only 6 new plastic ones.

Edited by Brother RedAxe

To expand on your story, I'd come up with reasons why he decided to dedicate himself to Slaanesh. Maybe he struck a pact with him for some kind of aid or was forced to deal with him for some reason. From what I see, the Steel Bretheren could very well be a splinter group from the Iron Warriors. Perhaps Lord Redaxe (a Khornite name IMO) linked up with another warband of Emperor's Children and joined forces?

That was the short version of his story. He started out as a Space pup hence the name. His coming over to Slannesh is all due to his love of strong drink and having as many good women as he can fit in his bed. My plan is to eventually model a land raider for him and put as many dark eldar slaves as I can fit in the transport bay. I am also trying to find the old demonette models to add some accent to my rhinos and preds.

Creative scheme, but IMO doesn't look very slaaneshy. Pink, light blue, lots of clashing colours, leopard skin are all good. This looks more like an iron warrior/black legion, but maybe that's because of all the Chaos undecided icons and the horns. I agree with the above poster that the red looks a little incongruous. Lastly the paint looks a little thick.

Hope this doesn;t come across as too negative, was meant to be constructive [my painting aint amazing by any stretch].

You arfe the first person in 15 years of painting to tell me my paint looks thick. As for the iconography and horns. This war band has been gathered toghether from glory seeking members from several war bands and those who have recently saw the light and came over from their service to the corpse. Horns and other bony protrusions can be considered pleasureable to look at by some, be it the natural curve, the texture or any other things that might come to mind. I am picturing this band as an aggressive cult of extasy.

You arfe the first person in 15 years of painting to tell me my paint looks thick. As for the iconography and horns. This war band has been gathered toghether from glory seeking members from several war bands and those who have recently saw the light and came over from their service to the corpse. Horns and other bony protrusions can be considered pleasureable to look at by some, be it the natural curve, the texture or any other things that might come to mind. I am picturing this band as an aggressive cult of extasy.

More the dread that has thick paint, not meant as an insult, just maybe something to be aware of [my paint was too thick too until someone pointed it out to me. still is probably.]

I wasn't saying that I didn't like the colour scheme, just that imo it's not very slaaneshy. I get the idea that new people have come over to the warband, but it doesn't take much to slap some Slaanesh icons onto your power armour, chuck some pink paint over yourself and grow a breast.

I read the current codex while looking for a new army to play, my Tau army is nearly complete. I finally got tired of waiting for new dark eldar stuff to come out. Decided it would be fun to play a chaos list like the codex only fluff fr slannesh and the color schem for the steel brethern. Now I just add my own twist to it and that is what I came up with. Th Dread was mainly painted dry brush and my blending skills need some work, never was good at it. Trying highlighting for the first time.

my termie lord is on the paint table as I type this. He should be done monday. My 8 month old daughter won't let me paint at home much and I have to go to work so I have the money to by more primer. I might take pics of the army as it sits so you all can see how it started. A badly assembled with wat too much epoxy to be paintable, old figs going all the way back to rouge trader spacw marines nothing had a date later than 1998. that my loving wife bought me for christmas off ebay. all the metal had a 3 day soak in industrial grade acetone and after a week in simple green and some gental scraping with a knife and file all the plastic wa cleaned and made pintable. Over in the WIP is the telling of the dreads condition I wish I took pics of it before I started working on it.

It has been 3 months of planning and I still can't come up with a name. After reading this can anyone give me some suggestions? everything I think of doesn't really work in my mind. I fhave forgotten most of the ones I thought up, nothing seems to make sense of sound Slanneshi.

• 2 months later...

Here is some stuff i have been meaning to post for quite some time. An old Mk1 rhino my sorcerer and a greater demon/demon prince of slannesh.

gallery_51222_4420_3696883.jpg

gallery_51222_4420_1126962.jpg

gallery_51222_4420_1002507.jpg

gallery_51222_4420_3391765.jpg

gallery_51222_4420_4878778.jpg

My lighting has changed a bit and still can't get it quite right yet. Finally after all this time I finnaly figured out what this war band will call itself. The Chained Brethern!!!!!

Edited by Brother RedAxe