Ultramarines Dreadnought and Rhino

em_en_oh_pee

Looks nice.

But as people said about 'I did what I were told' etc.

To have spared yourself from that you could have mentioned in the original post that 'got these models primed and 'as is' with mold lines etc and were not asked to do any more work on them then just painting'

That would have saved you that bashing =)

I understand you that if you do this for cheap you might not want to do extra work and want the customer to do everything except the painting.

But might be that he missed the mold lines, so asking him would have been, as said before, a nice thing.

Will check your homepage now =)

Looks nice.

But as people said about 'I did what I were told' etc.

To have spared yourself from that you could have mentioned in the original post that 'got these models primed and 'as is' with mold lines etc and were not asked to do any more work on them then just painting'

That would have saved you that bashing =)

I understand you that if you do this for cheap you might not want to do extra work and want the customer to do everything except the painting.

But might be that he missed the mold lines, so asking him would have been, as said before, a nice thing.

Will check your homepage now =)

I should have put a disclaimer, but I still think I would have had a lot of the same comments. Such is life.

One thing I did like was that the customer loved them, which is really all that matters.

One thing I did like was that the customer loved them, which is really all that matters.

in the end that is what counts =) at least for that job =))

nice painting etc. if you don't got one build your own lightbox =) it's rather easy and softens up the light really good.

all you need are some white cloth and some pieces of wood and 2-3 regular lamps.

.*snip* I will try to get some pictures up of the Sallies soon, because the guy invested in some Chapterhouse Studios stuff, which looks awesome and it makes it a lot more fun to paint.

Woah, I hadn't heard of that company before, and judging by the fact that they're still operating, neither have GW's legal dept !

.*snip* I will try to get some pictures up of the Sallies soon, because the guy invested in some Chapterhouse Studios stuff, which looks awesome and it makes it a lot more fun to paint.

Woah, I hadn't heard of that company before, and judging by the fact that they're still operating, neither have GW's legal dept !

They know, but haven't done much to them yet. I think it may be because they sell shoulder pads and upgrades, but not actual full models (for the most part). Though who knows. Still, they make a pretty good product. From what I have seen, if I did Sallies, I would go all out on their bitz, because they are very, very cool.

As I said, I am a traditional painter, so I suppose I am adopting my basic method from that. If someone gessos a canvas and asks me to paint it and it was suitably applied, why would I go back over it?

This is quite a terrible analogy as the cost and time of re surfacing a canvas is a lot more extensive, and expensive then simply shaving down mould lines and re applying a primer. Just remember that when doing commissions, each work you do is a direct reflection of your craftsmanship, no matter how big or small, pricey or expensive the job is. Each job you do, before you establish a nice client base who respects your work and will continue to pursue your efforts, is a resume to show, he look what I can do. You do not want to put out photos of what you've done with mould lines on models, even if you are not getting paid to clean them. Put in the extra effort on each project, that doesn't mean go all out with extensive free hand, wet blending, gradiant changes and conversion/sculpting work but just basic clean up principles. You and you're client will be that much happier with the end result. Trust me. sorry if that sounded a bit ramblish, been up for a really long time.

Archived