Ordnance VS Walker ruling

lorddraconis

With my Defiler the Battle Cannon is an Ordnance weapon. In the rules it states that no other weapon may fire if an Ordnance weapon is used. BUT in the Walker description, it states that Walkers may fire ALL weapons in a single turn. So my question is, which rule supersedes the other? In my local group they pretty much agreed that the Walker rule wins out but I am gonna be participating in a 'Ard Boys in May so I wanna get a better ruling on it from other people I havent played before.

Really? I'd say that the ordnance one wins over.

It states that you can fire all your weapons i.e. you have the capacity to do so. So if you had two heavies that's fine. But if one the weapons says that if you fire that one no others can be fired then I'd say that wins as the first one states what you're capable of, not you can do this regardless of other rules.

It's like a Vindicator. If it doesn't move it CAN fire all of it's weapons as it's a stationary vehicle. But if I have one with a pintle mounted weapon and I fire the demolisher I can't fire the pintle mounted weapon because the ordnance rules say so.

I think the only exception to this is super heavies, so like the Baneblade etc. Need to check that though.

That's how I see it anyway.

Really? I'd say that the ordnance one wins over.

It states that you can fire all your weapons i.e. you have the capacity to do so. So if you had two heavies that's fine. But if one the weapons says that if you fire that one no others can be fired then I'd say that wins as the first one states what you're capable of, not you can do this regardless of other rules.

It's like a Vindicator. If it doesn't move it CAN fire all of it's weapons as it's a stationary vehicle. But if I have one with a pintle mounted weapon and I fire the demolisher I can't fire the pintle mounted weapon because the ordnance rules say so.

I think the only exception to this is super heavies, so like the Baneblade etc. Need to check that though.

That's how I see it anyway.

Its nothing like a Vindicator actually cause thats if its stationary or not. A Walker can move OR stay stationary and fire everything. With the Vindicator your more speaking from the vehicle "moving/not moving" point of view. Walkers have there own sets of rules away from vehicles.

The rule states that it CAN fire all it's weapons.

The walker rule says it CAN fire all it's weapons.

The Vindicator has to abide by certain criteria to get that rule, the walker doesn't, but they are pretty much the same thing other than it says walkers. It can only fire an ordnance weapon and no others if it chooses to do so, the rule applies to both. I don't see how you can not see the similarity in it's ruling.

The wording of the walkers rule is there to bypass the vehicles ruling for shooting earlier on in the book i.e. 'that stuff you read earlier on moving doesn't apply to you'. This is clarified in the appropriate section rather than in the generic vehicle bit at the beginning of the vehicles section. If they intended for walkers to bypass the ordnance rule it would be in this section and would say exclusively.

The rule states that it CAN fire all it's weapons.

The walker rule says it CAN fire all it's weapons.

The Vindicator has to abide by certain criteria to get that rule, the walker doesn't, but they are pretty much the same thing other than it says walkers. It can only fire an ordnance weapon and no others if it chooses to do so, the rule applies to both. I don't see how you can not see the similarity in it's ruling.

The wording of the walkers rule is there to bypass the vehicles ruling for shooting earlier on in the book i.e. 'that stuff you read earlier on moving doesn't apply to you'. This is clarified in the appropriate section rather than in the generic vehicle bit at the beginning of the vehicles section.

Honestly I dont see the similarity because its 2 completely different units.

Walker rules say walkers may move and fire all its weapons, just like a stationary vehicle.

So if a stationary vehicle can shoot it, a walker can shoot it. If a stationary vehicle cant, a walker cant.

That's the crux of it right there. A stationary vehicle, when firing an ordinance weapon, can fire no other weapons. As walkers fire in the same way, they can fire no other weapons when firing an ordinance weapon.

Archived