Multiple penetrating hits

heed the wisdom

hey guys I have a quick question and it may be answered in the brb but i couldnt find anything on it...

so heres the question ...

if I get 3 penetrating hits on and tank and 2 glancing hits and i blow the tank up on the first glance i roll .... get a 6 and its a meltagun for how purposes... meaning its wreaked not exploded

do I still have to roll the penetrating hits to see if I explode it ... or can i keep the wreaked result...

In game terms i play salamanders and sternguard with combi meltas and regularly first turn DP assault and pop transports ... and I find most of the time i like the wreaked result better but almost always end up with 3 - 5 pens ( with HeStan )

if anyone could referance a page in the brb so I can have clarity ... thanks ahead of time

• 2 weeks later...

Use coloured dice:

Red for penetrating hits, black for glancing, throw them all at once, turn the black dice over to 2 less. WYSIWYG!

All shots are supposed to be simultaneous, so all have effect, the worst result being the dominant one.

This is also why you can't melta a transport, the enemy jump out, but you can't then flame/bolt them, even though you can assault them that turn.

BRB p18, "Fast rolling"; p67, "Note:"

The same unit can't assault them. You shot at the transport which is a different unit from people inside. So you can shoot the tank and if you don't kill it you can charge it, but if you open it up then the people inside are a different unit from the unit you shot at, therefore you can't charge them with that unit. This, as well as the fact all shots are fired simultaneously, is why you can't shoot the occupants if they exit due to that unit's firing.

The same unit can't assault them. You shot at the transport which is a different unit from people inside. So you can shoot the tank and if you don't kill it you can charge it, but if you open it up then the people inside are a different unit from the unit you shot at, therefore you can't charge them with that unit. This, as well as the fact all shots are fired simultaneously, is why you can't shoot the occupants if they exit due to that unit's firing.

Beg to Differ:

BRBp67, under "Destroyed - Explodes!"

"Note...if a transport is destroyed(either result) by a ranged attack, the unit that shot it may assault the now disembarked passengers..."

Edit...Frosty beat me to it!

Archived