Space marine chaplin

ironbear

Let me know what you think

This is the first time i have posted a piccy on here so be nice!! Please.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj250/generalbear/100_0509.jpg

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj250/generalbear/100_0504.jpg

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj250/generalbear/100_0524.jpg

Cheers...

Looks great. Will you be doing anything with his right pad? That model always looks better, in my opinion, with some chapter specific insignia. The only other thing i'd do would be to go a for a second, more extreme, highlight on the armour.

Nice is for bad painters ;)

This however, is very good. I really like the subtle highlights on the black armour, and both the bone and gold look really really good.

Could use chapter insignia though. As stated above, it almost always makes this model look better. I would love to see more of your work if the rest is as good as this ^_^

How did you do the snow?

@hazardousZERO

the snow is Baking power (cheap tuff from the local shop) pva glue and a little water. Makes a nic little paste.

Thanks for the comments guys, as for insignia i doubt that any will ever be added as i play wolves, this chappy was a little warm up for me as i have the games day wolf priest i didnt fancy doing a poor job on!

The highlighted black does actually go up to pure codex grey but the camera took some of that back!

I am currently painting logan so he will be on here sometime soon

I suggest hitting that snow with some PVA-Water-Skull White mix since over time it'll get yellow since you used baking powder instead of pure bicarbonate. :)

(for anyone else who want so see how you make now like that just follow my blog link in my sig)

I suggest hitting that snow with some PVA-Water-Skull White mix since over time it'll get yellow since you used baking powder instead of pure bicarbonate. :)

(for anyone else who want so see how you make now like that just follow my blog link in my sig)

I've got PVA/soda snow on the bases of my deathwing. I've had them for almost a month and not a sign of yellowing. Then again, I didn't add any water so it may act a bit differently than the one with water

PS. awsome model. I especially like the helmet.

Some bits of yellow snow look fine, just remember not to eat it.....

Aside from that, great looking model. Whats your favourite non Wolves chapter? Just whack the insignia for them on to the Chaplain and it will look brilliant. Can't wait to see Logan.

Archived