Huron doesn't bounce...

Brevik

...he kind of hits the floorboards, then skids along the floor losing his backpack, chipping the paint on his head and bending the talons on his powerfist.

I've had one of those days, and that just about topped it all off. :lol:

Pre-disaster he looked like this (apologies for quality of photography):

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn155/brevikesq/WH40K/Chaos/HuronBlackheartPreDropFront.jpghttp://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn155/brevikesq/WH40K/Chaos/HuronBlackheartPreDropRear.jpg

...and this rather ropey picture is an attempt to show why one side of his face looks a little green - my first proper attempt at OSL:

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn155/brevikesq/WH40K/Chaos/HuronBlackheartPreDropFace.jpg

Currently he's sat on a shelf waiting for me to repair and repaint.

Comments and criticism welcome, as is any sympathy you may have... ^_^

Regards,

B

You have done a simply stunning paint job on Huron. I love the face and the shade of red you pulled off. I can empathize with the horror of a nicely finished model kissing the floor. I give you my sympathies and I hope your repairs are minimal.

Thanks for the comments guys, especially the positives about the face - faces really haven't been one of my strong points, so I've been putting in some extra practice in that area, and it looks like it's paying off. The OSL was a bit of an afterthought for that one eye, but I think it turned out OK. The skin looked to me like it should be decaying, but in a "dessicated" sort of way, rather than rotting.

It's pliers and paintbrushes for him on Saturday...

..."Zomba"...
What's a Zomba? I've found lots of references to as place in Malawi, but not much else!

You did a brilliant job with your Huron. I am always impressed when someone can make armor look ancient and gritty without making it look sloppy. And the work on the face is excellent as well.

And as for the crash and burn...my fiance called me at work today to let me know my entire army had gone down during a hunt through the closet it was "safely" stowed in...so I can empathize. Good luck with the repair job!

Traitorous Huron well deserved this swift Emperor's gravitational retaliation for beeing such a living outrage to the Throne !

Hmmm sorry for the mini though, I know how frustrating this may be on such a nice work.

Nice paint job and green eye is a very fine idea. Maybe I would have tried a hot colored blazing flamer canon, especially the inside of it if you see what I try to say in my approximative babbling.

DS

NB : What's a Zomba? I've found lots of references to as place in Malawi, but not much else! Hmmm a Zomba is a spanish she-zombie, everyone knows that frater !

NB : What's a Zomba? I've found lots of references to as place in Malawi, but not much else! Hmmm a Zomba is a spanish she-zombie, everyone knows that frater !

As a spanish guy i must say.... what?! :mellow: :mellow: :lol:

I like very much the painting, sorry for the accident...(he is used to pain, don´t worry for him :lol: )

Archived