Space WOlves Deep Striking?

luisness

SO my friend plays Space Wolves and says they cannot deep strike. I looked at his codex and saw the language saying that Wolves don't trust this arcane technology and like to fight on their own two feet. However, nowhere that I can find actually says explicitly that they cannot deep strike; it seems to be more of a playing in character rule. So what say you: can the Wolves deep strike? Thanks.

It does not need to say that they cannot.

To be able to deep strike, you need to have a rule allowing it.

Drop Pods are available, but SW Terminator armour does not include the Deep Strike rule, so the only way of SWs deep striking is to use a drop pod

Youll note that unlike say C:SM our Terminator Armor doesnt give us any DS rules in it anywhere, nor does the unit entry.... so no, unless its a scenario like planetstrike they cannot.

Of course, they can take a DP to make up for this at the regular price.

However, nowhere that I can find actually says explicitly that they cannot deep strike; it seems to be more of a playing in character rule.

It does not explicitly state that Space Marine Scouts cannot exchange their Bolters for Turbo Laser Destructors either. You cannot claim the benefit of a rule because it is not written one way or another. Rules exist with a finite set of options or statements it is not an existential type of argument.

Archived