Death Guard

Raezyr

Thank you for the C&C guys its much appreciated. As for the recipe I am more than happy to share.

I started with black primer and used a base coat of Orkhide Shade from the Foundation line. I then began to add Gretchin Green, also Foundation, to Ork Hide Shade at a 1:5 ratio for the second coat. I kept the consistancy of the paint to a cream like thickness. I followed up with several layers each time adding a more Gretchin Green until the final highlight is a straight Gretchin Green at the highest points of highlight. I honestly can't remember how many coats but I think it was around six or so, I tend to go by whatever looks right to my eye as opposed to a set number.

Don't panic he is going to look very bright at this point ;) to bring the colours back down I alternated layers of Ogryn Flesh and Gryphonne Sepia washes. Usually two layers of each wash is sufficient but I have used more here and there to suit my taste.

Hope this gives you a good idea and thanks for asking.

Oh and as for the metallics they will be far more dull and matte when I give them a shot of matte sealant, however the moisture here is not co-operating and I didn't want to keep my friend waiting for pics.

Archived