Strange Upgrades?

LardO'Blood

In the rules for a bunch of vehicles, land raiders, whirlwinds, vindicators etc. it says extra armor can be added for 15 points, what IS extra armor? +1 to armor values? WHAT IS IT!?!

Also in Cato Sicarius's rules it says, "One tactical squad in an army that includes Sicarius can have one of the following special rules at no cost: Counter-attack, Infiltrate, Scout or Tank hunters." does this mean you can normally give units those rules at a cost?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: A tad off topic but I keep hear people talking about how TDA on a chaplain sucks because they lose an attack, but I dont see why. Bolt pistols give + one attack with the crozius right? So if I'm not giving my chaplain a pistol/CC weapon then TDA and PA have the same number of attacks?

A result of 2 on the table becomes a 1 on the vehicle damage chart. It will be in the vehicle wargear section.

Unless the rules say you can buy those skills for price then no.

You lose the pistol when you take the armour. You get a storm bolter or a combi-bolter for 5pts more. These are not pistols so you don't get the extra attacks. Your base number of attacks don't change but you don't get the bonus one for two CCWs.

On the damage table if I roll a 5 does it go down to 4 and 4 down to 3 etc.? Or is it just 2-1?

Extra Armour and how it works can be found on p103 of the Codex Space Marines.

By that I mean, read the rules and then ask us anything you don't understand. As I take it from your original question that you haven't done that. If you can't find a rule then ask for a page reference. Extra Armour is actually quite clearly defined (unlike some rules).

But don't ask for the rules themselves as the B&C doesn't exist as a 'free' codex or rulebook. To do that would be risking the B&C upsetting GW and we don't want that.

Cheers

I

In the rules for a bunch of vehicles, land raiders, whirlwinds, vindicators etc. it says extra armor can be added for 15 points, what IS extra armor? +1 to armor values? WHAT IS IT!?!

Also in Cato Sicarius's rules it says, "One tactical squad in an army that includes Sicarius can have one of the following special rules at no cost: Counter-attack, Infiltrate, Scout or Tank hunters." does this mean you can normally give units those rules at a cost?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: A tad off topic but I keep hear people talking about how TDA on a chaplain sucks because they lose an attack, but I dont see why. Bolt pistols give + one attack with the crozius right? So if I'm not giving my chaplain a pistol/CC weapon then TDA and PA have the same number of attacks?

I. Page 103, Codex Space Marines.

II. The absence of a rule is not a means of validation. These units do not have the option to purchase those U.S.R., this is likely a print error or a holdover. Sometime in the design process of the codex they could have purchased skills but they forgot to remove the line.

III. A model in terminator armor is not eligible to use a bolt pistol. Once in terminator armor he cannot purchase a second power weapon to give him the extra attack. This is all detailed on page 133 of Codex Space Marines.

III. A model in terminator armor is not eligible to use a bolt pistol. Once in terminator armor he cannot purchase a second power weapon to give him the extra attack. This is all detailed on page 133 of Codex Space Marines.

Note, that the reason a model in TDA cannot use a bolt pistol is that in every case in C:SM, a model must exchange its existing wargear including said bolt pistol for the TDA and its accompanying wargear.

A model in TDA is capable of using a pistol, if it has access to one somehow- such as in the case of Njal Stormcaller.

II. The absence of a rule is not a means of validation. These units do not have the option to purchase those U.S.R., this is likely a print error or a holdover. Sometime in the design process of the codex they could have purchased skills but they forgot to remove the line.

hmmm in this case though its due to Cato's special rules - not a unit rule oversight.

Well the initial post has been answered but it is a bit daft that you can't effectively downgrade your free storm bolter for a bolt-pistol. Don't think that a chaplain in TDA is rubbish though. Stick him in a squad of assault terminators and they rock. Pricey though.

Also, terminators are relentless- yay!

Storm Bolters are assault weapons anyway - oh.

Archived