IC joining and leaving a deepstriking unit.

Grimtooth

I just want some clarification,

I deepstrike a rune priest and Blood Claw pack. When they deploy from the drop pod, I place the rune priest on one side of the drop pod and the Blood Claws on the other side. The rune priest has ended his movement phase out of unit coherency with the Blood Claws.

So the Blood Claws can now run toward the enemy in their shooting phase while the rune priest can now use a psychic shooting attack in his phase.

Since the RP is part of the unit when they come out of the DP (unit must create ring around the dp) they all must run or none may if you want to use the RP's powers. On the following movement phase then they may seperate.

EDIT - My bad, I'm so used to thinking in terms of 10 man units. Legatus is right. If you have enough room around the dp (at least 5 inches) that the rp would be out of the 2 inch coherency rule than he and the unit can do thier own thing.

Broter Ramses: Independen Characters can indeed leave a unit when disembarking from a transport by disembarking at a point where they would be out of 2" coherency with the rest of the unit. See page 67 in the rulebook. The unit can then run while the IC is shooting at an enemy unit.

Since the RP is part of the unit when they come out of the DP (unit must create ring around the dp) they all must run or none may if you want to use the RP's powers. On the following movement phase then they may seperate.

EDIT - My bad, I'm so used to thinking in terms of 10 man units. Legatus is right. If you have enough room around the dp (at least 5 inches) that the rp would be out of the 2 inch coherency rule than he and the unit can do thier own thing.

The unit also does not have to form a ring around the pod. You can stack them all on one side if you have the room 2" from the hull. This should allow you to get them 3 deep in an offset pattern.

Legatus and ShinyRhino are both right. However, remember that doing so will mean that the enemy can target your IC seperately and may not give up on the chance to send some krak missiles or meltaguns his way.

Broter Ramses: Independen Characters can indeed leave a unit when disembarking from a transport by disembarking at a point where they would be out of 2" coherency with the rest of the unit. See page 67 in the rulebook. The unit can then run while the IC is shooting at an enemy unit.

Thanks Legastus! If you had not page referenced it, I would not have believed it. I want to start DPing my Crusaders and Marshal. This will help my plans.... muah hah hah!

Archived