Land Speeder Storm

WarpPhoenix

More of a general rules question but here it goes!

Can my land speeder storm move 24" on its flat out, deploy its scouts and can those scouts then assault in that turn? Thanks in advance, if any rules contradict this move can you please point me to a page in the BRB because i cant find any rules for it for the life of me!

Can my land speeder storm move 24" on its flat out

Yes, it can also do a flat out scout move before turn one.

deploy its scouts and can those scouts then assault in that turn?

This can get difficult so let me lay it out for you.

if the LSS moves 0-6" then the scouts can shoot.

if the LSS moves 0-12" the scouts can disembark, shoot and assault

the scouts can disembark at cruising speed but may not assault

Everything you need for this is on p70-71 of the BRB

the scouts can disembark at cruising speed but may not assault

They can disembark and assault while at cruising speed (max 12")

They cannot disembark at all while moving flat out.

Koremu has it right here.

The LSS can move Flat Out, but if it does so then the Scouts cannot disembark, shoot or assault.

If it moves Cruising Speed the Scouts can disembark and assault, and shoot if they have disembarked. If they stayed in the LSS they can't shoot.

If moving at Combat Speed the Scouts can disembark, shoot and assault (subject to weapon rules ie. no assaulting after shooting bolt pistols and no shooting with sniper rifles etc). They can also shoot from inside the vehicle.

If the vehicle is stationary they can do the same as Combat Speed but with the added ability of being able to single shot Rapid Fire weapons and fire Heavy weapons if they stay embarked.

Hope that helps.

If moving at Combat Speed the Scouts can disembark, shoot and assault (subject to weapon rules ie. no assaulting after shooting bolt pistols and no shooting with sniper rifles etc).

I think you meant bolters :)

I do love the 24" scout move, but remember you have to be more then 12" away after it. Doesn't stop you getting into combat though thanks to the speeder's 12" move :)

If moving at Combat Speed the Scouts can disembark, shoot and assault (subject to weapon rules ie. no assaulting after shooting bolt pistols and no shooting with sniper rifles etc).

I think you meant bolters :)

I do love the 24" scout move, but remember you have to be more then 12" away after it. Doesn't stop you getting into combat though thanks to the speeder's 12" move :)

You are indeed right Meatman, I meant to say bolters. It's been a long day and I'm quite tired, so hopefully I won't make the same mistake tomorrow :)

And an added note, even though the Speeder has to stay 12" away from the enemy during its Scout move the Scouts can still get into combat even if the Speeder doesn't move again. 2" disembark, 6" move, 6" assault, and the Speeder can then do its own thing :)

Archived