Iron Warriors Novel...

The 13th Goat

Has anyone heard whats happeing with Honsou's book? Apparently according to McNeill's websites he has finished the book, and had started on Thousand Sons. Well, Thousand Sons is out this month. Where is our Iron Warrior book? I WANT MY LEGION'S BOOK!

I don't think that Honsou's book belongs here in the 'horus heresy' section.

So Mcneill has finished the Iron warriors novel before the deadline, doesn't mean they will publish it earlier just because its finisher earlier.

I've got no clue what novel this is, the next novel Is an ultramarine one I believe, (the chapter due or somehting like that)

Ahh yeah got confused between jumping here and the Chaos Acendent board. Sorry! If mods would move it that would be great!

My only thought is that there has been no release date given. For a finished book thats a bit weird, and due to the fact we have release dates in september, i am confused where its gone?

I read his website and didn't see anything. Said he just finished Thousand Sons and is working on Chapters due and has almost finished it.

Honsue is going to the Ultramarin home world right? I'm pretty sure that is the focus of the next book. Well Ventris is the main character in most of McNeill's books, Honsue is the evil villian. It would not be surprising if the book actually focused on Ventris, Chapter's Due probably is the next book. In DSBS Ventris was the star and Honsue the arrogant villian. Which is also part of my theory why Honsue became such an arrogant prick after Storm of Iron where he was pretty tolerable. Not as well written a character as Forrix, but he was ok. The original Honsue character didn't make for a good 'bad guy', the overconfident guy we have now makes for a better antagonist. Chapter's due is likely the battle where Honsue attacks the ultramarines. This will be the Ultras 6th book, and only the third book about Honue(not counting short stories). Something tells me it will focus on Ventris, the ultramarins will somehow save the day, and Honsue will either die or run home with his tale between his legs.

I would love for the IWs to win. But Graham is not going to make that happen. He has written books about IWs, but his heart lies with the Ultras. Honestly while I loved Storm of Iron I think a novel writer that focses on chaos armies could of done the IWs even better.... at least a better main character.

Honsue cannot die, just like all good villians he will run away and live to fight another day, Only hero's die, well unless they are Ventris

Oh lets face it, its another Mcneill book. I'm sure we'll see some stupid, unrealistic and downright annoying Ultramarines novel, where the main character sneaks into a renegade Imperator Titans Volcano cannon barrel and armed with just a spud gun, goes on to kill the entire crew, disable the demon engine, Slap Honsou in the chops and be home in time for tea and no doubt a predicatable scolding off of either Marneus 'tiny head' Calgar and Brother Sergeant 'Im a nob' Learchus.

I read his website and didn't see anything. Said he just finished Thousand Sons and is working on Chapters due and has almost finished it.

Honsue is going to the Ultramarin home world right? I'm pretty sure that is the focus of the next book. Well Ventris is the main character in most of McNeill's books, Honsue is the evil villian. It would not be surprising if the book actually focused on Ventris, Chapter's Due probably is the next book. In DSBS Ventris was the star and Honsue the arrogant villian. Which is also part of my theory why Honsue became such an arrogant prick after Storm of Iron where he was pretty tolerable. Not as well written a character as Forrix, but he was ok. The original Honsue character didn't make for a good 'bad guy', the overconfident guy we have now makes for a better antagonist. Chapter's due is likely the battle where Honsue attacks the ultramarines. This will be the Ultras 6th book, and only the third book about Honue(not counting short stories). Something tells me it will focus on Ventris, the ultramarins will somehow save the day, and Honsue will either die or run home with his tale between his legs.

I would love for the IWs to win. But Graham is not going to make that happen. He has written books about IWs, but his heart lies with the Ultras. Honestly while I loved Storm of Iron I think a novel writer that focses on chaos armies could of done the IWs even better.... at least a better main character.

I agree, storm of iron was a good novel but could have been better..

I would love to see the IW win. and if we are lucky maybe honsou and ventris both die :)

I hope Honsou beats the ever living glory out of Ventris and makes him his ^_^ .

That being said, I doubt it will happen. In the long run, it is obvious that the UM books are better written and have more thought into the story line, and I do not see Graham McNiell letting his glory boy go out like that.

It would be good if Ventris and honsue bothe kill each other, It would be win win for Ultra players as they hate Ventris enough to have him die and while at it they see a enemy of the EMPire die along side him, Ventris might just prove usfull in death

Well on his website McNiell did mention some important players die. Could be Honsue and Ventris. It would be good for IWs and Ultras. The ultras who hate ventris will be happy that he died, all UM players will be glad Honsue died. IW players who hate Honsue(myself included) will be happy, and all chaos will be happy Ventris died.

Only way it could be better is if the IWs actually take over the ultamar sector and Forrix rises from the ashes.... sorry I'm day dreaming now.

Good point-learchus is a proper ultramarine, not that tool ventris!

Although, i reckon dreathor is spot on regarding what will happen...too spot on-I reckon dreathor is mcneill!!!:)

Damn it man, you blew my cover ;)

I shall now have to got and right a series of books where my squad of Space Marines dies just as easily to battle cannon shot as every other unit in the game

IMO realism=heresy

Honsue cannot die, just like all good villians he will run away and live to fight another day, Only hero's die, well unless they are Ventris

Or Gaunt, or Cain, or Ragnar, or Rafen, or Kantor or etc, etc, etc. :wacko:

• 1 month later...
seems like a limited edition, or will they publish a regular novel version of it later on ..

They make around 1,000 of these, and each one is signed by the author. And no, they'll not be released in any other format later.

I just with the IW had character. They seem so...plain. And not like Ultramarines, we are the plain legion-plain, but just...meh. Too bad too, my first army, I wish they had some strong lit to back 'em up.

seems like a limited edition, or will they publish a regular novel version of it later on ..

They make around 1,000 of these, and each one is signed by the author. And no, they'll not be released in any other format later.

ah I will order anyway.. hope I can get my order placed in time.

I noticed there's a book in the same style from ben Counter named : Daenyathos.. a follow up on the souldrinkers ??

Archived