Iron Warriors Novel...

The 13th Goat

Ugh, it's Honsou. I bloody hate Honsou. McNeill created one the best chaos characters in BL with Forrix and then killed him off and now it's all about Honsou and his band of wacky Ultramarine clones and traitor Raven Guard, it's like a VH1 reality show Eye of Terror edition. I don't even consider Honsou a proper Iron Warrior so I will be happy when he is inevitably killed by Ventris. If Ventris can die as well that would just be icing on the cake.

Ugh, it's Honsou. I bloody hate Honsou. McNeill created one the best chaos characters in BL with Forrix and then killed him off and now it's all about Honsou and his band of wacky Ultramarine clones and traitor Raven Guard, it's like a VH1 reality show Eye of Terror edition. I don't even consider Honsou a proper Iron Warrior so I will be happy when he is inevitably killed by Ventris. If Ventris can die as well that would just be icing on the cake.

Thank You!!! I'm not the only one. IWs are suppose to be intelligent and paranoid. Honsue is often stupid and reckless. Basically everything that went wrong in SoI and DSBS can be linked to Honsue making a bad decision. He had multiple chances to execute Ventris and didn' ^_^ , Forrix would have popped off a burst from his twin linked bolter and been done with it.

May Forrix rest in peace... I mean come back as a demon prince.

Thank You!!! I'm not the only one. IWs are suppose to be intelligent and paranoid. Honsue is often stupid and reckless. Basically everything that went wrong in SoI and DSBS can be linked to Honsue making a bad decision. He had multiple chances to execute Ventris and didn' :D , Forrix would have popped off a burst from his twin linked bolter and been done with it.

I am going to Liber Comminiscor a new story, FORRIX REBORN! In which he kills Honsou and dances an Irish jig on his head.

That would be epic and I agree with all of you on Honsou, he is too corrupted and an idiot.

Cheers, in the interim, check out my I,Warsmith story and my Youth of Roboute Guilliman story in short stories and liber comminiscor respectively.

Thank You!!! I'm not the only one. IWs are suppose to be intelligent and paranoid. Honsue is often stupid and reckless. Basically everything that went wrong in SoI and DSBS can be linked to Honsue making a bad decision. He had multiple chances to execute Ventris and didn' :) , Forrix would have popped off a burst from his twin linked bolter and been done with it.

I think that most "old time" Iron Warrior players dislike Honsou and much prefer Forrix. I still remember thinking "this is exactly why I play this army" when reading the parts that focused on Forrix in Storm of Iron. But even then I knew that he would probably be killed off, Honsou was the protagonist and Forrix was too badass to be allowed to live, just like Billy in Predator and Boris the Bullet Dodger in Snatch. What's worse is that McNiell was specifically asked some years ago if there was any chance that Forrix survived and he gave a pretty definitive no, so we're left with Honsou.

Edit: By the way, does anyone have any theories on who the Warsmith from Storm of Iron was, or for that matter, if Forrix was really the First Captain? According to the BoLS heresy campaign Forrix was indeed the First Captain, but I'm not sure where they got that from, and if he was, then how was the unnamed Warsmith his superior? Of course the whole Warsmith character is odd as he is presented as so superlatively powerful that it's odd that Chaos hasn't won yet. Also it's interesting how uneven these representations are, the not-yet daemon prince Warsmith demanded total obedience from his subjects as they basically felt their knees go just from looking at him and yet Talos gives the Exalted backtalk whenever he feels like. I know the authors are different but it's kind of funny if there's any rationale for this. Food for thought is all.

I'm looking forward to this, as long as I don't have to read another page where Ventris is crying, or is about to cry.

He is a SPACE MARINE.

If you ever re-read any of the books, try and note how many times the above happens, it is silly.

Forrix and the 'zerker was my favourites as well. :blink:

The 'scene' where Forrix's fire and hunger for war is rekindled is superb!

Edit: By the way, does anyone have any theories on who the Warsmith from Storm of Iron was, or for that matter, if Forrix was really the First Captain? According to the BoLS heresy campaign Forrix was indeed the First Captain, but I'm not sure where they got that from
There is an illustration of Forrix by Alex Boyd somewhere in the Horus Heresy artbooks. Iirc, that's where he's described as captain of the 1st company.

Also it's interesting how uneven these representations are, the not-yet daemon prince Warsmith demanded total obedience from his subjects as they basically felt their knees go just from looking at him and yet Talos gives the Exalted backtalk whenever he feels like. I know the authors are different but it's kind of funny if there's any rationale for this. Food for thought is all.

Not all daemon princes are the same. I thought it was quite clear from the older sourcebooks that there exited a vast vareity of gifts and mutations that affected each champion differently. Plus the fact that Talos did not even worship the Chaos Gods in the slightest (Even the Iron Warriors give lip service) probably helped.

Also it's interesting how uneven these representations are, the not-yet daemon prince Warsmith demanded total obedience from his subjects as they basically felt their knees go just from looking at him and yet Talos gives the Exalted backtalk whenever he feels like. I know the authors are different but it's kind of funny if there's any rationale for this. Food for thought is all.

Not all daemon princes are the same. I thought it was quite clear from the older sourcebooks that there exited a vast vareity of gifts and mutations that affected each champion differently. Plus the fact that Talos did not even worship the Chaos Gods in the slightest (Even the Iron Warriors give lip service) probably helped.

Yeah, I agree. I like to think that the Warsmith from SoI was Ferrous Ironclaw, the guy with the "Horus, Perturabo, Angron" quotation.

Yeah, I agree. I like to think that the Warsmith from SoI was Ferrous Ironclaw, the guy with the "Horus, Perturabo, Angron" quotation.

I kind of doubt it, Ferrous Ironclaw was Andy Hoare's character, so I doubt McNiell would use him. Also why would a warsmith of the 2nd Company be commanding the First Company captain. 'Course if Forrix was really the First Captain as Lay confirms, him being ordered around at all by anyone other than Perturabo seems odd.

As for not all daemon princes not being the same, well I suppose that's true, but daemon princes are generally more powerful than mortals, that's the entire point of wanting to become a daemon prince, though if it later turns out that the Exalted is a bit more of a possessed than a true daemon prince (as I have some feeling may be the case) then you're right.

Also faith in Chaos had nothing to do with the Warsmith's effect on others. There was a scene in which he walked right up to the walls of the Imperial fortress and gave them the Iron Warrior ultimatum (24 hours to commit honorable suicide or be massacred/enslaved) and the Imperial gunners on the walls were unable to fire upon him because they were transfixed and/or blinded by looking at him. I really doubt that those Imperial gunners were more faithful to Chaos than Night Lords.

the Exalted is a bit more of a possessed than a true daemon prince (as I have some feeling may be the case) then you're right.

I got this impression as well. Nothing about him seemed supernatural at all, except for his appearance. He could just be heavily mutated or something.

Remember Talos` "vision" where Tzeentch talked to him?

To explain Forrix as the first company commander.

IW's are not broken into companies. They are broken into Grand Companies. So if the company in the book was the second... that probably meant the second Grand Company.

Grand Company: Warsmith

1st company(of the grand company): Forrix

2nd company: Honsue

3rd... etc.

Yep just order two copy today. One will get a message from my friend Graham McNeill & keep in good order, while other one is for general reading/travel/drooling over while I think of some conversion idea's for my own Iron Warriors. Really looking forward to this novel from the story to the art work.

Can't wait :D

IP

I demand reviews. If its good, I might pick up a copy off Ebay later on.

Bad Freaking idea, man. Bad. Buy it now, and if you don`t like it sell it on Ebay afterwards. Unless you fancy paying 200 bucks.

Damn, don't tempt me! I'm trying to save for a wedding here haha.

Maybe I'll do that instead actually.

Besides BL, is there a better site for american's to buy it?

To explain Forrix as the first company commander.

IW's are not broken into companies. They are broken into Grand Companies. So if the company in the book was the second... that probably meant the second Grand Company.

Grand Company: Warsmith

1st company(of the grand company): Forrix

2nd company: Honsue

3rd... etc.

This was never actually explained. I mean yes, the IW are organized into Grand Companies, but how it was separated within the GC's was never really explained. Also (I just checked) the artbook lists Forrix as "Captain of the First Grand Company" implying that he was indeed "First Captain" and a member of the 1st GC. Then again, what exactly a warsmith is was never explained either.

People's best guess is that it's similar to a captain, but if Forrix was first captain, then it must be a rank above him, or more likely, Storm of Iron simply doesn't jive in those details with newer fluff. I guess it's also possible the warsmith was the commander of the legion prior to the finding of Perturabo, which would explain his enormous power and influence, but I think he mentioned something about being a novitiate on Olympia at some point, so that's probably not it either. Guess McNeill just didn't really think it through.

Damn, don't tempt me! I'm trying to save for a wedding here haha.

Maybe I'll do that instead actually.

Besides BL, is there a better site for american's to buy it?

You could alway ask for this as a wedding present??

Also no you can not get the book from anywhere else, this is purely Black Library ONLY book. I ask, Black Library have said this these new limited ed book will be on sale only by there web site. No buying from GW store, GW Event, GW web site, other book store, etc.... This is a purely Black Library only by the web site book.

It good the honour fall upon the might Iron Warriors to be the first of this new thing.

Other wise you can risk it, leave it to the ebay side. Which I would honsty not do, I buy it as soon as possible. As other have said, you like it you keep it, you don't you could sell it on. Nothing to loss really & the art work we seen in the preview is brillaint with Honour & the (forgot his name doh!!!) other Iron Warriors. Be great for conversion idea for us die hard chaos player.

IP

Archived