Iron Warriors Novel...

The 13th Goat

For all the people like me... that love Forrix and hate Honsue... a thought popped into my head this morning.

The HH series... its been longer and more dragged out than we ever expected... if it drags out any more we may find ourselves sitting on Olympia or Tallarn. McNeil would likely be the author... Honsue isn't even born yet... leaving the best person to be the main character... Forrix. I can dream can't I. :D

I haven't read the book but did read the spoilers since its no in the US anyways. Sounds like a decent book. Hopefully Chapter's Due will make sense without reading it first.

Will this book ever be printed in the cheap paper back version that most BL books are printed in?
seems like a limited edition, or will they publish a regular novel version of it later on ..

They make around 1,000 of these, and each one is signed by the author. And no, they'll not be released in any other format later.

If I may ask, where is it said officially that they won't print a cheap paper back version?

If this is true, it's kind of a slap in the face, I've read every book with Honsou and Ventris in them up until this point and missing a book around my favorite traitor legion is really dissappointing. :P

If I may ask, where is it said officially that they won't print a cheap paper back version?

If this is true, it's kind of a slap in the face, I've read every book with Honsou and Ventris in them up until this point and missing a book around my favorite traitor legion is really dissappointing. <_<

A-D-B is an offical Black Library author, if anyone knows it's going to be him.

You could try ebay, but it would be expensive.

For all the people like me... that love Forrix and hate Honsue... a thought popped into my head this morning.

The HH series... its been longer and more dragged out than we ever expected... if it drags out any more we may find ourselves sitting on Olympia or Tallarn. McNeil would likely be the author... Honsue isn't even born yet... leaving the best person to be the main character... Forrix. I can dream can't I. :D

I haven't read the book but did read the spoilers since its no in the US anyways. Sounds like a decent book. Hopefully Chapter's Due will make sense without reading it first.

Ow yes :D Forrix as leader of one of the Grand compagnies.. Altough the ranking order isn't clear in the IW, since the warsmith lead 3 compagnies that each had a captain..

Anyways, I'm pretty sure we'll see Forrix..

Other Heresy authors (including Mcneill) inlcude characters (besides the obvious ones) in the novels..

- Kol baldar in the Wordbearers short story.

And of course the '"Dies Irae" ;)

On the topic of iron warrior, I like the novel/artwork..

I'm liking Honsou a bit more now..

I'm looking out to 'Chapter Due" to see how this will finally end.

If this is true, it's kind of a slap in the face, I've read every book with Honsou and Ventris in them up until this point and missing a book around my favorite traitor legion is really dissappointing. ;)

They won't do another version of it. These books are Collectors' Editions, and this is the only format they'll ever be.

It might be disappointing, but there's nothing in the novellas that will ever be essential to the main story arcs. They're literally for collectors that want a little extra.

Just finished it today and overall I was quite happy.

I agree with most things in Gree's review but I'll post my own thoughts. NOTE: For some reason the "spoiler" tool isn't working, so I'll do my best to hide the details without it.

Spoilers below!

1. I too really liked the siege war in space portion. If nothing else, it gives you an idea of just how BIG these crafts can be. Its also refreshing to see the Iron Warriors doing what Iron Warriors do best.

2. I assumed it was going to be an Eversor as soon as the female Inquisitor showed it to the Ultramarine. Still, it was a very nice addition and not something you get to see too often. I really makes you think of the depths the Imperium is willing to go to win a battle.

3. The last minute twist of corrupting the Dreadnought was an excellent "middle finger" move to the Ultramarines.

If this is true, it's kind of a slap in the face, I've read every book with Honsou and Ventris in them up until this point and missing a book around my favorite traitor legion is really dissappointing. ^_^

It not going to happen with the paper back that all. Once all copy are sold, there sold, only way to get them again is by ebay or other fourms that deal with selling & tradeing.

Black Library since the release of there web site. I belive they said they want to do some collecting style books, which we seen with Iron Warriors. So exspect more limited ed books to come around base around some of the other well know books &/or auther's.

It why you can only by it from the Black Library site, no where else for the time being.

For the die hard fan of Black Library these Collectors' Edition items are the ultimate possessions. All limited in number, each individual in its own right with some of our best stories from top authors they are highly desirable and sought after.

It a bit like Space Hulk release in Sept there with the limited ed, once there gone there gone thing.

You can still buy them since there 73 copy still left. So if your wanting one, now is the time to buy.

It might be disappointing, but there's nothing in the novellas that will ever be essential to the main story arcs. They're literally for collectors that want a little extra.

Yep like you said it just add that bit of extra detail.

I should be getting my hands on Chapter Due in a week & a half time :) Conflict Scotland is going to sell them pre-release on the 18th of April.

IP

I should be getting my hands on Chapter Due in a week & a half time :P Conflict Scotland is going to sell them pre-release on the 18th of April.

IP

it's official.. I hate you now :P :P

Does anyone know when exactly this novel happens in the 40k universe..??

Because in the timeline in the space marine codex, there are 3 attacks done by M'kar.

First one he flees into the warp

second one he attacks/possessed etc.. the Starfort after wich he gets banished by Calgar

Third one says he's clad in the flesh once again, and that there are other attacks by other Warlord on other planets in the Ultramar system..

M'kar attacking Talassar himself.. Could this be the battle that is to come between Ventris and Honsou ??

I should be getting my hands on Chapter Due in a week & a half time :P Conflict Scotland is going to sell them pre-release on the 18th of April.

IP

it's official.. I hate you now :P :P

Because in the timeline in the space marine codex, there are 3 attacks done by M'kar.

second one he attacks/possessed etc.. the Starfort after wich he gets banished by Calgar

Third one says he's clad in the flesh once again, and that there are other attacks by other Warlord on other planets in the Ultramar system..

M'kar attacking Talassar himself.. Could this be the battle that is to come between Ventris and Honsou ??

I alway though it was roughly after the 13th Black Crusade. As to my knolwege the events with in Storm of Iron was just that the very tip/start of the 13th Black Crusade event if I rememeber from the WD article's. Iron Warriors missing from the gathering of armies as Abaddon get his armies ready, follow by Honsou beat up a Black Legion Lord, to the after report/stuff on the 13th Black Crusade.

You'll find out in a weeks time when I have Chapter Due in my hands.

IP

I should be getting my hands on Chapter Due in a week & a half time :lol: Conflict Scotland is going to sell them pre-release on the 18th of April.

IP

it's official.. I hate you now B) :)

I alway though it was roughly after the 13th Black Crusade. As to my knolwege the events with in Storm of Iron was just that the very tip/start of the 13th Black Crusade event if I rememeber from the WD article's. Iron Warriors missing from the gathering of armies as Abaddon get his armies ready, follow by Honsou beat up a Black Legion Lord, to the after report/stuff on the 13th Black Crusade.

You'll find out in a weeks time when I have Chapter Due in my hands.

IP

yep indeed storm of iron was set just at the start of the Black Crusade..

I pre-ordered Chapter due, but I don't know when they'll ship..

ps : I hate you ;) ;)

• 2 weeks later...

That Chapter Due novel in my hands (well had it since Sun). Only on page 39, but the little quick look though..... with out give much away. It going to be one truly epic fight between Honsou & Uriel. Lot of stuff happing, it pretty much if a big epic battle.

Right now the feel is, it is not a battle, it a war!!!!!!

318 pagies but it the big version, just like when Killing Ground or Courage & Honour was release for the Ultramarines first time around.

Part I read so far, it is nice see all the current story on the IW & Ultramarine added in. As said all these Ultramarine book & IW short story all add up in the end.

Pretty much hook on this book right now & going to try get a bit more of this new novel read today.

On a finial note, pretty cool got my Iron Warriors novel sign "The Insane Psychopath of the Legion" by Graham as he help me out a lot during my end of the year college project (HND model making) where I did a scene from Storm of Iron which can be seen on his blog.

Should have a better info over the course of the next few days if people are intrested & of course not spoil this.

IP

That Chapter Due novel in my hands (well had it since Sun). Only on page 39, but the little quick look though..... with out give much away. It going to be one truly epic fight between Honsou & Uriel. Lot of stuff happing, it pretty much if a big epic battle.

Right now the feel is, it is not a battle, it a war!!!!!!

318 pagies but it the big version, just like when Killing Ground or Courage & Honour was release for the Ultramarines first time around.

Part I read so far, it is nice see all the current story on the IW & Ultramarine added in. As said all these Ultramarine book & IW short story all add up in the end.

Pretty much hook on this book right now & going to try get a bit more of this new novel read today.

On a finial note, pretty cool got my Iron Warriors novel sign "The Insane Psychopath of the Legion" by Graham as he help me out a lot during my end of the year college project (HND model making) where I did a scene from Storm of Iron which can be seen on his blog.

Should have a better info over the course of the next few days if people are intrested & of course not spoil this.

IP

I don't mind the spoilers.. hell I tend to read the ending of my novels first.. :lol:

In Mcneill style there will be some character deaths probably.. (like in 'courage and honour" were all previous characters from "nightbringer" end up dead :D )

Aarggh I want my pre-order :cuss

Can anybody tell me the correct timeline of the "Iron Warriors-novels" (parallel to the Ultramarines-line)?

Storm of Iron -> Dead Sky, Black Sun -> ? -> ?

Happens "Iron Warrior" after "Dead Sky, Black Sun" and before "Chapter's Due"?

Thank you!

Storm of Iron > Dead Sky, Black Sun > The Skull Harvest > Iron Warrior > The Chapter's Due

Ah, ok. Thank you very much.

I see, I've forgotten the short story @Hero's of the Space Marines.

The HH series... its been longer and more dragged out than we ever expected... if it drags out any more we may find ourselves sitting on Olympia or Tallarn. McNeil would likely be the author... Honsue isn't even born yet... leaving the best person to be the main character... Forrix. I can dream can't I. :P

You read my mind. Since day one I have been a HUUUGE Forrix fan, and really had little use/respect for Honsou, the half-breed whelp who will never prove himself (especially after farting away all the resources given to him by his former Warsmith).

Forrix was the man... I even wrote a short story where he lived after SoI and had a transmitter beacon going off in his Termie armour suit. Get this: The signal is picked up by a -different- Warsmith; he picks up Forrix, restores him, and Forrix hunts down Honsou and beats him within an inch of his miserable existence. BOO-Yah!!! That's how I wrote it! :) And that's the way it should have been.

I even did sketch work and rules for Forrix. I truly miss him. That being said I waited forever for that McNeil book to come out; I totally forgot about it... now it's sold out! Damn you Honsou, damn you!!!

Storm of Iron > Dead Sky, Black Sun > The Skull Harvest > Iron Warrior > The Chapter's Due

Storm of Iron > Dead Sky, Black Sun > The Heraclitus Effect > the skull harvest > Iron warrior > the chapter's due

Altough it could be that 'the skull harvest" and "The Heraclitus Effect" are swapped, I'm not to sure about that order.

Half way through Chapter Due right now...!! Page 145 now.

It is a epic war on all fronts, we are seeing more than just Uriel led the Ultramarine trying to take on Honsou & his allies (Xeno, Daemons, Chaos Marines, Rengade (sp) Marines, Parites, Corsair). But same time the Ultramarine are not with out there support.

We do find out a bit on the Newborn in term of his life before he became the newborn which is pretty cool. Just give you insight into him.

Few of note from the past event in the IW & Ultramarine books. Will wait until I read it in full & put down bullet point with the spoil tag (as in only way for you lot to see it is by highlight it). Though there has been a lot of suprise in there.

Here one bit that I added which sound intresting. Again if you do not want chapter due then do not highlight. To all other memebers, please respect that some people do not like spoiler (as why I put spoil tag/only way to read is highlight) so please do not quote this. Though it might not be a big spoiler, still a few people want to wait until they have the book in there hands.

So spelling might be off as I had to type this with one hand, while the other keep the page open.

Just though it was funny (laught funny).

As powerful as Hounsou's mighty tank was, it was like an ant before a grox compared to the vechicle crushing over Calth's quartz desert behind him, a vast tracked leviathan of steel & dark iron.

A hundred metres high, its core stucture bore the design hallmarks of a race that once counted the Imperial as an ally until it was betrayed & allowed to fall into extinction. Once this mobile fortress had fought for the Corpse-Emperor, but now it was a dark cathedral of destuction that served the warriors of the dark gods.

It was the Black Basilica

Narkjin Posted Today, 11:50 AM

Can anybody tell me the correct timeline of the "Iron Warriors-novels" (parallel to the Ultramarines-line)?

Storm of Iron -> Dead Sky, Black Sun -> ? -> ?

Happens "Iron Warrior" after "Dead Sky, Black Sun" and before "Chapter's Due"?

Iron Warriors

Storm of Iron

Daed Sky Black Sun

Short story in novel Planetkill

Short story in Hero of the Space Marines called Skull Harvest

Iron Warriors limited ed novel

Ultramarine

Chain of Command short story on Uriel become captain

Night Bringer

One where the battle the Nids

Dead Sky Black Sun

Killing Ground

Courage & Honour

Chapter due as the finial show down.

Just though it was funny (laught funny).

As powerful as Hounsou's mighty tank was, it was like an ant before a grox compared to the vechicle crushing over Calth's quartz desert behind him, a vast tracked leviathan of steel & dark iron.

A hundred metres high, its core stucture bore the design hallmarks of a race that once counted the Imperial as an ally until it was betrayed & allowed to fall into extinction. Once this mobile fortress had fought for the Corpse-Emperor, but now it was a dark cathedral of destuction that served the warriors of the dark gods.

It was the Black Basilica

Ha! I like that.

Archived